• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

rear seat passengers

What are these?! :lol:

But good call on getting in there while there was a discount running. And as mentioned, pity that the new generation parts are no longer etched; guess it's to improve production times due to increased demand. Or to cut costs due to every man and his dog making cheap copies.

Looks fantastic Loxy! That bolt on your battery tie looks awfy long though!

It came on the car and I don't have the OEM one. :(

Something that's on the list of things not important but to get round to that I'll probably find on eBay.

Back in the days of the Alabaster FN2 did you not have a blue and a red 'R' strap John ??? :cool:

Would have been good to see your car when you came up to JAE Reps meeting.
Love it. Would have gone all mental and made you a daft offer on it :lol:

#thoushaltnotcovetthyforummembersCWFN2 :(

Back in the days of the Alabaster FN2 did you not have a blue and a red 'R' strap John ??? :cool:

Would have been good to see your car when you came up to JAE Reps meeting.
Love it. Would have gone all mental and made you a daft offer on it :lol:

#thoushaltnotcovetthyforummembersCWFN2 :(

:lol: I ducked back over the pennines as soon as it finished.

Yes I did have two straps, I can't remember what I did with the red one.

Big'ish update time.

I've been holed up in Grinspeed for the past three days having most of the parts I've been collecting over the past couple of months fitted and generally give the car a good going over so it should be good to go for a few more years at least.

To get it out of the way the list of what I had done was:

FD2 oil pump conversion/balancer shaft delete kit
Clockwise Motion gated baffled sump
Skunk2 Intake
Replaced the 30mm drop Eibach springs with 15mm drop Eibach springs and full FRSU
New Honda OEM clutch, new clutch fluid and new gearbox oil
New timing chain and tensioner
New Pagid front discs, front DS2500 pads, HEL braided brake lines and Motul RBF600 fluid
Oil service
New spark plugs
Valve clearances adjusted

It feels like a completely different car now, so pleased with it and the work the lads at Grinspeed carried out.

A few of the random pictures I took over the last few days.

IMAG2985.jpg

IMAG2983.jpg

IMAG2986.jpg

IMAG2992.jpg

IMAG2993.jpg

IMAG2997.jpg

received_10153776947004325.jpeg

IMG_20150428_125415.jpg

More planned, more things en-route, more things I'm waiting for time to fit. :lol:

Not particularly.

The clutch actually had loads of life on it when it came out. Looked like it had only done 20k.

Timing chain was done because it has to come off the crank to get the oil pump chain off when that one is changed. While it's off, may as well swap it for a new one that won't have been worn by 57k miles and being taken off and back on the crank.

Awesome update! I like how you're doing everything now to maximise your enjoyment of the car.

Out of interest what difference does removing the bonnet insulation make? Is the engine note much more pronounced? Have read mixed views on removing it.

Exactly that. It's running like a dream now.

To be honest the car came without it. I've not noticed any downsides but the Skunk2 intake is mightily loud, but I've a feeling it would be like that anyway even with the bonnet lining.

It's only a few clips, just give it a go.

Great update.

There's something odd about you and changing clutches in FN2's. :lol:

Aye, all in this is the 6th clutch I've had in my FN2s. :lol:

There's a massive bonnet lining in the Vette and I've always wondered about removing it... Lots of valvetrain noise...?

Nice work Loxy, bet she goes and handles like a dream, any clues on whats next?

I think I will have to move closer to Grinspeed lol

Back