• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

David Haswell may still have the stock seats from his FN2.
Do you want me to see if they'd be available?

Just thinking long term for you mate

Might be worth a punt. The seat is mint apart from that.

Can't you just use a universal cable nipple? Can get them on eBay etc easy enough.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161637903985

Even if it's not long enough you could get a bit of bike cable and joint it to give the correct length.

Somebody on another forum suggested those, you could get it though the hole but the screw would be at the wrong side to do up, and it's tight in there.

Putting that whole connector on the other side of the hole on some bike cable and jointing it might be on to a winner though!

I'll be doing some scouring of eBay and Amazon tonight to see what is out there.

I found the cable.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...ck_01=17SMR701&block_02=B__4011&block_03=9966

B__4011.jpg

#9 on the diagram, part number 81163-SMR-E01, £30.62.

I might just get the cable.

So fixed my seat slider with the seat tilt.

£2.50 bracket from eBay attached and working as predicted.

IMAG2936.jpg

How it should have looked on the other side.

IMAG2937.jpg

The effect is the same though, seat now slides forward when you pull the tilt lever.

This is the item I bought from eBay to fix it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231337817160

Good effort, I do like a cunning simple fix. I was going to suggest almost exactly that, I've got 15 years worth of dismantled bicycles in my 'it'll be useful one day' box. It's an excellent box.

Exactly!

I fitted some of Rick's footwell lights while I had the seat out and had a bit more room. I'll get some pictures when it goes dark later.

I did it the harder way and wired them so they come on with the interior lights. :)

Thats an Awesome looking car you've got there mate.

I LOVE these in Championship White. That would have been the colour i'd have had if i could have found one within my price range, best colour by far! (I'm still more than happy with my black Mugen one though)

Good list of planned Mods. Only thing i'm not keen on is Black wheels. for me they just blend into the arch with the tyre. Plus, i think one of the best features of the white FN2 is the colour coded wheels.

Peter

A few pics of Rick's footwell lights.

First of all I've had these lights since before I got the actual car. I've just not seemed to have had time until now to give the fitting a go.

Rick told me about a new feature he was offering on the kits which included a dimmer function. You get a little remote and the kit can be turned off or the brightness up or down as you so desire from the remote. I thought I'd have a look what this was all about.

I had also decided to fit the light kit so that they operated with the interior lights as opposed to coming on with the dash lights. Just seemed to be more how I'd want to use them.

Fitted in the brightness I want them at:

IMAG2943.jpg

Set to 100%:

IMAG2941.jpg

Set to minimum (which is 10% I think):

IMAG2942.jpg

I did a short vid of them too. Apologies for the breathing, I'm full of a spring cold.

[video=youtube;-gQ9Mcef6HI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQ9Mcef6HI[/video]

Personally I think they look best at the minimum setting.

100% looks like it could be quite overpowering

Personally I think they look best at the minimum setting.

100% looks like it could be quite overpowering

They are quite bright at full whack, but I guess they would look good like that if parked at a meet or something.

they look brilliant , how hard is installation

Really quite easy on the FN2. I've no idea on an EP3 as I didn't look into that car doing it with the interior light dimmer.

Rick's instructions on doing them with the dash lights was very easy to follow though, but he put a url to do them with the interior light and I thought I'd give it a go.

I normally shy away from interior electrics but it was a doddle in all honesty.

They're really easy to fit, less than 30 minutes and they look great IMO.

These arrived the other day.

IMAG2964.jpg

I bought them during the 10% discount offer at TDi-North on J's Racing a few weeks ago. It would have been rude not to and I really rated them on my last FN2.

I didn't bother with the floor bar this time though. I doubt it does much and it was a hindrance to rear seat passengers.

IMAG2967.jpg

IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2969.jpg

Just over 90 minutes to fit including cutting the trim at the front that goes under the wiper arms.

I'm a little bit boned that J's no longer engrave their logo on them and it is now a sticker but hey ho, that's the price for buying new and not waiting for some gen 1 ones to come up for sale.

Grinspeed on Monday for the rest of the pile of bits to go on.

Just given it a wash too for the JAE reps meeting tomorrow.

Banzi are going to be there taking pics by all accounts.

IMAG2972.jpg

Back