• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

I gave Honda a call again this morning and asked that my escalation to head office be responded to today if they didn't mind please. Threatened to cancel and all that jazz. The chap at the contact centre didn't seem all too optimistic, but I'll see how it goes.

Anyone want to buy my place in the queue? BSB GT, due - unknown?
icon_lol.gif
(kidding!)

That is annoying. I do feel your pain. I do wonder though if you buy the bm and a few months in you wish you'd just waited for the civic. I'm a bit impatient so I totally understand where you're coming from. But sometimes it's best to wait for the thing you really wanted if you see what I mean dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I partly agree with what you are saying about buying the BM and then wishing you had gone for the civic but the same argument goes either way IMO. Might well wait it out for the civic and then in a few months be thinking you should have gone with your gut and the BM.

Civic is better on fuel, emissions are lower, boot is much bigger, car is lighter, shorter wheelbase and insurance is cheaper.
BMW is quicker, smaller turning circle, bigger fuel tank and has torque for days.

As a whole the BMW is a smaller car too, not sure if this benefits you in any way.

And looks better if you are like me and like more a sleeper. Civic looks beautiful but looks fast, BMW looks like any other 1 series to anyone who doesnt know what they are looking at. Could also see how that would be a turn off for allot of people on the BMW front.

I personally think the BM looks a bit too plain for me. It's just like any other rep mobile to me and doesn't stand out enough to do it justice, as it's a special car but doesn't look it per se.

The civic is the opposite in that it's uber outrageous. But it does look great in white I think. Depends what you like i guess don't it!

Civic is better on fuel, emissions are lower, boot is much bigger, car is lighter, shorter wheelbase and insurance is cheaper.
BMW is quicker, smaller turning circle, bigger fuel tank and has torque for days.

As a whole the BMW is a smaller car too, not sure if this benefits you in any way.

Real world the CTR has been averaging around 31-32 according to reviewers but the mileages are small in comparison. The BMW is doing around 34 on the DCT car. It is much of muchness really.

I had a shock when I looked in the BMW boot, lifted up the flap and had the battery looking back at me. :lol:

I couldn't get over the torque in the BMW. :twisted:

Still not heard anything from Honda or the dealer (who was also chasing things up today).

BMW looks like any other 1 series to anyone

From a distance you'd be hard pressed to notice, amount of times I've tried to "bait" one or had one come flying up behind me and it's turned out to be a 118d :lol: I see more diesel BMWs (all the series too) driving quicker than whenever I come across a 35i variant.

My pal just got a 330D and honestly it's so ****ing fast. Instant torque it's unbelievable.

Real world the CTR has been averaging around 31-32 according to reviewers but the mileages are small in comparison. The BMW is doing around 34 on the DCT car. It is much of muchness really.

I had a shock when I looked in the BMW boot, lifted up the flap and had the battery looking back at me. :lol:

I couldn't get over the torque in the BMW. :twisted:

Still not heard anything from Honda or the dealer (who was also chasing things up today).

Sorry, should've said book figures on fuel are better. But we all know to take that with a massive pinch of salt. 34 is pretty good tbh, the new S3 has been averaging 40mpg and that's in a manual car.

Yeah that's really common, it's either for weight distribution or space under the bonnet. If you need to jump them you connect to a + terminal in the engine bay.

Torque is amazing, after having the Civic for 6 years and jumping into the S3 it's like a novelty lol.

Was a good read Loxy.

One big thing that hit me over the weekend was how common & boring the BM's look. A lot for me is the theatre and how it makes you feel. I'm looking forward to late november when i can test drive one and Feb even more so when i know what i can comfortably afford (i can at the moment but would rather be more comfortable with a smaller loan).

Practicality isnt really an issue & neither is mpg. service, parts & death on track are high up there though.

Well it has gone from bad to worse.

Spoke to Honda UK and they cannot tell from the logistics standpoint (those who deliver the cars to dealers, who the dealers speak to when chasing) when cars will be coming out of the factory, as the factory is not updating logistics with when batches will be fulfilled. Basically I could give them my order number, but it is pointless as they can't get any information.

The issue has been confirmed to me to be a parts supply issue, but they cannot or are not allowed to say what, but a supplier has let them down.

Asked what is the latests advice on it, she said the dealer system bears absolutely no relation to what is really happening and they have been told that to manage customer expectations to tell customers that the delay is 4 weeks from their original order date. When I said mine was 9th December originally and moved to 18th November then 10th November, which one should I take, she said from the 9th December but mine is the first one she has heard of the date actually coming forward.

I told her about the M135i test drive yesterday and that I'm not willing to wait until January for a car, a wait of 5 months, she basically said that she didn't have an answer for me and repeated that they have been told to tell customers about the 4 weeks from the original order date.

Really feel mugged off about it now. Carrot dangled in the order moving forward and now all of a sudden it is months away again. I really do feel like cancelling just simply because I don't want Honda to have my money, but it's hardly going to hurt them because they'll sell them all no matter what anyway and that's the general impression that I got from them. She kept mentioning that there has been a lot of excitement about the car. I kept replying that my excitement left me a long time ago.

I don't know what to do. Wait until the 10th when my order is due on the system now and when it isn't here cancel, or cancel now and just go for the BMW. I actually woke up this morning wanting the BMW more than the Type R, but I'm not sure whether it is the experience that is sullying the Type R for me.

I've never known anything like this before. Buying a car is supposed to be a fun and exciting time. This is just crap to be honest.

Oh and no contact from the dealer as of yet, despite assurances to the contrary yesterday.

That's **** lox :( maybe you should just tell them to stick it and buy a bm?? Principle and all that.

There's a blue Ctr in the Honda garage in beaconsfield. Could see if you can buy that one?

If you get off to a bad start, it can be very hard to come back from. I very nearly sacked off the FD2 when I first bought it because of ECU problems, it was only the fact there was nothing else turning my head that kept me with it. The delays on the commuter wagon have been similar, but the price is too good and the fact that at least the dealer has been honest with me when things started to slide.

Take a breather, think on it and make a decision tomorrow; at the moment you're raging at Honda for being full of sh*t, and that will cloud things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut your nose off to spite your face, well that would be my mentality. So what if Honda sell all of them, doesn't change your life. And by the sounds of it you're getting a pretty good deal from BMW.

Without going into detail, well, I can if you want. I much prefer going to the BMW dealership than the Honda one.

Its simply staggering that a massive lauch like this from a major manufactorer is being handled so badly.

Have you considered approaching the media at all?

Well it has gone from bad to worse.

Spoke to Honda UK and they cannot tell from the logistics standpoint (those who deliver the cars to dealers, who the dealers speak to when chasing) when cars will be coming out of the factory, as the factory is not updating logistics with when batches will be fulfilled. Basically I could give them my order number, but it is pointless as they can't get any information.

The issue has been confirmed to me to be a parts supply issue, but they cannot or are not allowed to say what, but a supplier has let them down.

Asked what is the latests advice on it, she said the dealer system bears absolutely no relation to what is really happening and they have been told that to manage customer expectations to tell customers that the delay is 4 weeks from their original order date. When I said mine was 9th December originally and moved to 18th November then 10th November, which one should I take, she said from the 9th December but mine is the first one she has heard of the date actually coming forward.

I told her about the M135i test drive yesterday and that I'm not willing to wait until January for a car, a wait of 5 months, she basically said that she didn't have an answer for me and repeated that they have been told to tell customers about the 4 weeks from the original order date.

Really feel mugged off about it now. Carrot dangled in the order moving forward and now all of a sudden it is months away again. I really do feel like cancelling just simply because I don't want Honda to have my money, but it's hardly going to hurt them because they'll sell them all no matter what anyway and that's the general impression that I got from them. She kept mentioning that there has been a lot of excitement about the car. I kept replying that my excitement left me a long time ago.

I don't know what to do. Wait until the 10th when my order is due on the system now and when it isn't here cancel, or cancel now and just go for the BMW. I actually woke up this morning wanting the BMW more than the Type R, but I'm not sure whether it is the experience that is sullying the Type R for me.

I've never known anything like this before. Buying a car is supposed to be a fun and exciting time. This is just crap to be honest.

Oh and no contact from the dealer as of yet, despite assurances to the contrary yesterday.

Unless you're set on being one of the first to own one, then I'd probably be binning it off and looking at alternative wagons. If Honda themselves don't have a clue what's going on then as the last link in the chain you don't stand much of a chance in being kept aprised. You can bet your life you'll be told the same thing in 4 weeks. :(

Do you think you'll have the same excitement for the car and confidence in Honda supporting your new purchase once you've finally received it?

Regardless of whether they sell it to you or the next guy, you've got to vote with your feet and money if you feel like you're getting stiffed.

Pure rumour mill here, but I read a one liner on another forum where someone says they were told unofficially that the K20C1 is popping valves and engine production has been switched to another plant - A PR sensitive reason for the delay perhaps? Probably the sort of thing they'd want to keep quiet lest the head of engine development have to take some pretty deep bows towards the rest of the exec team...

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the huge amount of hype they created!

Back