• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

LSD for CTR

It's not just removing the box though.
It's opening the box up too, removing the OEM differential and fitting the new LSD.

Then rebuilding the box and refitting.
While it's off you might as well do the clutch while you're at it.
Perfect time for a lighter flywheel too.

And if you're feeling realllly anal, synchros.

is a mega big job, but from what every says is well worth it.
One day when i have the cash I want to do this

Ok Griff, if you say so mate.

Anything is relatively simple with the right tools and knowledge/experience.

It's not a driveway job wioth a socket set for a n00b, lets put it that way.

I was only saying stoo, sorry to offend your superior knowledge of the term mega.

As I said, it depends on who is doing it, with what tools and what experience.

If you feel it's mega, then that's your opinion. I can't take that away from you.

But in my experience, it's not that huge. There are harder jobs.
I'd say 3-4hrs labour, for someone who knows what they are doing with the right kit.

On a scale of things from easy peasy to mega, changing a spark plug would be easy peasy, swapping a diff would be mega.

I beg to differ, but as I have said, everyones experience and technical capability differs.

If you think it's a hard job, again, your opinion.

Anything is easy if you know how to do it and have the experience and tools to do so. Gearbox removal is one thing, opening it up is another and then removing and refitting things correctly is a complicated procedure, if you know what you're doing, it's still complicated, but you know how. For once i'm siding with Griff on this.

Back