• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

making my FD2 look like new again

hi, before the server failure i asked how i can get a mirror-like finish on my CW FD2.

someone listed a couple of sites and suggestions and, well i'm asking again!! :p

thanks!

The new Megs NXT 2 works well on CW bob.

I hit my DC5 with it on a polishing pad over the weekend. One of the best results I've had over the years.

Its was in near perfect condition anyhow but the slick glossy finish took me by surprise tbh.

You've not had it long so I doubt you'll need any real defect removal so something like NXT will be perfect.

You could bring it over to me but I'm in Lincs........

Don't get caught up in the DW hype...there's a lot of it I'm afraid.

Few comments over on fd2 owners as well with results pics.

Me, I go with snow foam, nxt wash and then collinite wax. Jetseal before the wax stage sets it off a treat too.

I buy my stuff from either clean and shiny or elite car care

You could really do with something inbetween which is a cleaner/polish tbh.

Jetseal and the colli are :cool: for looks and durability tho.....

I've got to say DW does show some awesome results, but like Stuey says you can acheive almost the same finish in the eyes of the majority of people for far less money & with alot less expense imo.

I was a big fan of Autoglym's Super Resin Polish & Nattys Original Paste Wax on my CW DC5 & it never failed to get complimented.
Both products are readily available, reasonable cost & very easy to use.

The details make all the difference in cleaning a car properly imo.
Door shuts, underneath doors, boot & bonnet shuts, engine bay etc etc.

If you want to try a cheaper combo try my suggestions above & see how you fair.

Someone tell me this doesn't look like it hadn't had more & expensive products used on it ;)

DC5Bluewater.jpg

I agree with el shortstuff. You don't need to spend a lot of money on getting your car looking lovely. There are some really good products out there for reasonable prices.

For best results and a mirror like finish you ideally want to get rid of swirl marks. This does make the world of difference, especially on darker coloured cars. White don't tend to be as bad although you can obviously notice them up close. You can achieve a certain amount of paint corretion by hand with a polish, but this will be bloody hard work. Alternatively you can get yourself a machine polisher and get really good results. They don't come cheap however and it's really up to you whether you can justify the cost. Alternatively you could befriend someone who has one and get them to do the work for you. ;)

Prepping the car with by claying and then applying a decent polish would be my first port of call. Then get yourself a mid priced wax/selant (something a little better/expensive than what you would find in Halfords) and I'm sure you would be satisfied with the results.

thanks for the replies guys.

i actually use nxt at the mo, but its not the new "2.0" version.

Back