• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manni, and cat back - best gains and least noise

Hello all

I currently have a spoon cat back and de-cat pipe which is just about bearable.

I am considering a new header, however this is going to be way to loud, so its either a standard back box but

1 - will this sound weird? A standard Back box and spoon b pipe and a performance manni?

and

2 - Will I lose much power?

Or is there another back box I can go for which will be fairly quiet, look good and still be free flowng enough to get the power wanted?

Any help and advice is appreciated

Lewis

Toda, I have the manifold and catback, it's not that loud at all. You don't get any trouble from boy racers and don't attract the wrong kind of attention. It's about £1600 for the pair of them though. :shock: 8)

I don't think you will loose any power iirc the standard backbox is good to around 300bhp, it is alot heavier than the spoon, not sure on the noise. If you have the cash either get a custome built item I used www.eurosportexhausts.co.uk or go for the Toda

I was running Toda and Mugentwin loop and the noise was very low on part throttle in town ect, but in Vtec very nice. Plus the Mugen is a very good looking system.

As stated above,

Toda or Mugen Twin loop.

Personally i'd go for toda :p

J7 said:
I was running Toda and Mugentwin loop and the noise was very low on part throttle in town ect, but in Vtec very nice. Plus the Mugen is a very good looking system.

Cheers all :wink:

Jamie, so did you have a mugen cat back and toda manni? How much would I be looking at for a mugen? I believe you can only buy the mugen catback and not just a back box?

hondalewis05 said:
J7 said:

I believe you can only buy the mugen catback and not just a back box?

Correct :D

hondalewis05 said:
Just checked it, mugen catback for 739 GBP.... hmmm... tempting...

Its considered to be the hounds hairy ones of Ep3 exhausts :twisted:

hondalewis05 said:
J7 said:

Jamie, so did you have a mugen cat back and toda manni? How much would I be looking at for a mugen? I believe you can only buy the mugen catback and not just a back box?

Yeah, thats what i was running Lewis. The quality of the Mugen is superb.Has a good looking back box to 8)
rota2.jpg

J7 said:
hondalewis05 said:
J7 said:

Yeah, thats what i was running Lewis. The quality of the Mugen is superb.Has a good looking back box to 8)
rota2.jpg

Yes it does!

So it was not too noisy then mate?

Where did you source yours from and how much?

I sourced my from a groupbuy a long time back on CTRO. Think it was £700 odd.

The noise in town is nice and low. MUCH quieter than what you are running now even with the Toda header. Has a nice deep little burble at tickover.Step on the gas hard though and all hell breaks loose :lol:

Ive now got DC headers with a Spoon cat back system, now sounds like a Touring car on full chat, Totally excellent. :twisted: :twisted:

why havent anyone mentioned the Fujitsubo RM01A wich is also supposed to be a great catback. Cheaper than the toda (wich look like a limp dick) and way cheaper than the mugen :) Even though the name sounds like a photo company.

n0stra

The RM01A is an excellent system but hard to get hold of - bit like the Tanabe SMR.

As for the 'limp' comment - size is not everything; it's how it is used that counts... visual asthetics don't bother people who are in the pursuit of power :wink:

Jay..

Back