• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

matt's ek9

I'm gutted i can't go to the meet tomorrow. Would of loved to of seen your car. Just let me know when the next one is in March is and i'll be there.

Matts proper ready for track now, went out in this on saturday evening, I can't believe the difference the heat wrap & feels cat has made! It's a lot torquier than my b16b was! Can't wait till the next meet as I should be able to attend.

just a quick update fitted new seat cover at the w.end looks sweet with my old red cushions

old-

mattscampics203.jpg

new-

mattscampics204.jpg

oh and a few from my first trackday at snetterton last month-

P1070991.jpg

P1070967.jpg

mendc5.jpg

***'nt updated for a bit, sold my te37's it was a hard choice! but so many people are running them now where as two years ago they were a bit rarer, finally got my team dynamics on with hankook rs2's-

mattscampics232.jpg

also bought a stroked bottem end which will be built up with jdm oversized piston new seals etc,etc

Last edited by a moderator:
few ** update for ya car is now stroked to 1800 ill post updates with pics once i remeber photobucket password

Lovely car mate. Quite like these. One thing i do miss a bit as well, my 90's Jap hatchback felt a lot more raw and light then the EP3, i'd imagine that's what the EK9 is like? But combined with vtec.

Is it also true vtec on the older honda's, like yours, is a lot more of a kick up the arse?

Looking good.

yeh its raw light and the vetec cross over is awesome shes running at 200bhp with 166 at the fly and 146flt tourque :)

heres some pics of the new block pre installation and intallation. i had it bored out for the oversized pistons at owlsburry crankservices then it was assembled by roe engineering where they check crank balance, polished it, chemically cleaned it and fitted race shells-

mattscampics.jpg

mattscampics257.jpg

mattscampics258.jpg

mattscampics262.jpg

mattscampics263.jpg

installation-

mattscampics276.jpg

mattscampics279.jpg

mattscampics280.jpg

tuned by romain on etune-

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

new spec-

ENGINE/GEARBOX/EXHAUST

b16b oversized pistons
b18 crank
b18 rods
racing shells
new oil pimp
new water pump
aem v2 induction
b18 throttle body
spoon head gasket
thermal inlet/tb gaskets
magnacore ht leads
ngk spark plugs
j's racing 60rs cat back
5zigen header wrapped with thermotec copper wrap
resonated 2.5 " de cat
koyo rad
baffled sump

CHASSIS/SUSPENSION

password 3 point top mount strut
cusco front lower tie bar
inovitive 75a engine mounts
ultra rear strut barce
cusuco brake cylinder brace
d2 coilovers
buddy club front and rear camber arms
team dynamics pro race 1's
ferodo ds2500 front pads

ITERIOR

recaro spg drivers seat
half stripped
trs harness
momo race steering wheel
d1 quick realease boss
rx shift boot
rx pedals
honda acess meatal footrest
skunk 2 gearnob

Last edited by a moderator:
it is sweet been went on the snetteton 300 coruse with hot in march and was on track at japfest with our stand fastjapcars/ek9.org (i had the poo sticker on front bumper)

Back