• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Meguiars Scratch X

its good for getting rid of light swirls and scratchs, if you run your finger across the scratch and you can feel a dip, then this wont fix the problem. Only reduce the scratch.

Swirls are the lightest form of scratches and scratch x will get rid of them but its more for spot fix rather than a polish.

cool thanks for the reply, so with that in mind can anyone recommend a product for deeper scratches? as i have both :(

Use Autoglym Super Resin Polish & some good wax to mask them.
Unless you machine it I doubt you'll remove them by hand.
As per Cracksta, if you can catch you finger nail in it, then it's defo too deep to consider trying by hand unfortunately.

if its deeo by hand and you have loads then a respray is best BUT you can try AG SRP or any good polish, then try using a filler such as Poorboys Dark Hole for dark colored cars. It will fill in the scratch masking it from the naked eye but after time the fillers will fall off and you'll need to reapply it.

Theres no hard in trying to scratch X that scratch by hand, you'll only improve the appearance but not really get rid of it.

I've tried scratch X and thought it was utter sh*te! wouldnt waste my money again :(

I since gone onto black hole and thought the results were outstanding for swirls and small scratches :D

AG paint renovator, then use the super resin polish that should get rid of swirls and light scratches. Anything that is quite deep will need, as said, a machine polishes or possibly touched up.

Back