• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris' Evo IX

I got called into work. :lol: So it was cut short after fitting the exhaust bits sadly. Booked in again for the 4th of Jan.

Booked in again for the 4th of Jan.

BSGCx.gif

Seems it's quite common with the evo 9 turbo.
It's much better since the last remap. If Chris didn't drive like a fanny then you'd never even notice it.
Accelerating from 30 in 6th gear is for losers :D

An update, nothing exiting really. Cleaned the car today and thought I'd take some quick pics.

New headunit with DAB, sat nav etc:

QSdnabg.jpg

Kicker 10" slim sub in the boot. It kicks out an impressive amount of bass for its size. It is powered by an Audison amp and I have some cheap Alpine coaxial's in the front. I may change them for some components but I'm pretty happy with how it sounds now so I'm not sure there's much point.

anzNPKc.jpg

rjCntze.jpg

The boot carpet looks odd as I have a full size spare in there.

Ring sticker finally fitted. Maybe should have gone for the white one. :lol:

qo7Zs4f.jpg

Nice and clean:

fhAWtKa.jpg

Bit of an update on something I haven't revealed before for various reasons. Before Greg thought about putting the car on the dyno he did a compressions test, as he won't map an engine that isn't healthy, makes sense I guess. Turned out cylinder 4 was losing 20% or so compression which is not good. Anyway, I was going to get him to do the work to rectify it but he went quiet, not sure why. So I got in touch with Tim at Race Developments. After a long chat with him and Ricky Elder (ex Audi UK development engineer on the R8 and TTRS projects) I decided that they would do the work. So the head has been off and a lot has been replaced. It's had new plugs, ARP stud kit, all seals replaced including turbo seals, valve stem oil seals and so on.

Ricky said the head was coked in carbon and had all the signs of a poor map. I'd had a lot of reservations about the map in all honestly, guess I never admitted to myself fully that it wasn't perfect. Anyway, it's done now and I am very happy with the work. Mase is over at the moment and he's mapping it tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to getting a map that isn't hesitant part throttle and doesn't surge! I guess this shows that you really need to pick your tuner wisely and spend a lot of time reading into it.

Almost forgot, I will have some new brakes coming soon in preparation for Spa.

After all the work and effort I hope you get good results when Mase maps it, although I am sure you will. Stunning looking Evo Chris.

Back