• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

Yep I hate the steering. Always have.

I suppose I had better use my brain an keep the NHB ATR for a long time.

Good choice Chris, we have been using Si's for the last 6 months for the commute whilst my EP3 has been tucked up in the garage. They really are great cars and the only reason we are considering selling is because of the mileage we are doing in it and we could really do with a Diesel, saying that we have been considering changing for ages now and the ATR is just so good its going to be very hard to give up if we do at all.

Have a word with Tom about the OEM upgraded suspension he had sitting around, Si purchased it when he first got his and its great. Makes it a bit more sporty but keeps it like Honda intended :)

The ATR is far too heavy Chris. No point. For what it would cost DC5.

Stoo you know my position :(

OEM upgraded suspension he had sitting around
Tell me more please? :)

I agree, great cars, just a shame my first one tainted my view of them somewhat.

Having never owned an ATR, whats the difference in the steering?

The steering in the Civic can be a bit numb and over-assisted, whereas in the Accord it's weighted much better and it allows you to feel more of the road. Same as the difference between the Civic and the Integra DC5 really.

Tell me more please? :)

I agree, great cars, just a shame my first one tainted my view of them somewhat.

The steering in the Civic can be a bit numb and over-assisted, whereas in the Accord it's weighted much better and it allows you to feel more of the road. Same as the difference between the Civic and the Integra DC5 really.

It was Honda OEM suspension, he had purchased a load a while ago but im not sure if he has any left now. The drop it gave was minimal (around 1cm)

I will give Tom a call tomorrow, need to anyway to see if he can get tyres in at good prices.

Looks a nice straight car Chris.

I had the 140hp Accord Sport ('01) and loved it. Always wanted an 'R'.

When the times comes to sell the EP3, I'm really considering a DC5, but a very late ATR would be :cool:
:smt047

Nice looks spot on and quite low mileage, when i was firt looking for a Ep3 i spotted a few and they were at +100k miles. Not that thats a bad thing :D

Nice car Chris - means mine must be worth about £1500 though! :lol: Good job I am not selling!

I won't tune mine much mate, probably exhaust manifold, decat and intake, that will be about it really. At the moment I'm enjoying the way it is tbh.
I would save your money Chris - at a recent dyno day three standard ATRs made the same power (roughly) up the rev range out of VTEC as one with a full manifold, downpipe, decat etc. It just made 10 more HP in VTEC - hardly worth the outlay really. I would just stick with intake and eggsauce mods just for the aural pleasure of them and just enjoy the car :)

Nice looks spot on and quite low mileage, when i was firt looking for a Ep3 i spotted a few and they were at +100k miles. Not that thats a bad thing :D
Definitely not a bad thing mate, but it still put me off. :lol:

I would save your money Chris - at a recent dyno day three standard ATRs made the same power (roughly) up the rev range out of VTEC as one with a full manifold, downpipe, decat etc. It just made 10 more HP in VTEC - hardly worth the outlay really. I would just stick with intake and eggsauce mods just for the aural pleasure of them and just enjoy the car :)
Pretty much like with any Honda then, bolt on mods simply don't work beyond a 5-10% power increase unless it's mapped, which is where I understand it gets tricky with the ATR. I'll get a decat again as I had one on my last one and it made a nice rasp, thought about a manifold to increase that rasp as it was quiet and then an intake for some induction roar too, not that the standard one is quiet. :)

Back