• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

I know nobody with one and I don't want to waste a sellers time but I'll keep my ear to the ground. It does sound ideal though, the fun of a type r but more motorway friendly. The 20 miles a day in my DC2 is driving me insane

Then you will like it, just get a nice one and not an old one that is not as fresh. The gearing can be frustrating compared to the DC2 especially with them both being 5 speed, but as I said earlier, 2nd-3rd is fine, it's 3rd-4th where you really struggle keeping it in VTEC and that's pretty much 3 figure speeds, how often will that happen?

Go for it then, they are a great compromise. Sat doing 70-80 at around 3500 rpm iirc, not 4000+ in the DC2 is great. :)

I think any Type R approaching 100k miles should have a rebush and refresh of suspension components. Not doing it will dilute the driving experience and because it happens over time, you won't notice it so much. But jumping from a car with tired suspension into one with fresh suspension, well, it feels like a brand new car.

totally agree, i have driven a high mileage EP it still pulled well but didnt feel as tight as my low mileage one.

No, because he thinks I should have bought another EP3 or a loan and a DC5.

No, because he thinks I should have bought another EP3 or a loan and a DC5.

I meant number of Type Rs and buying what you already had lol. I would've said get the Cosmic EP3 because of how you complained about the last Accord, then again I dont think you ever seemed happy with the DC2 either :lol:

Corrected for you. This was probably one of the best jobs I did to the SL.
Fair point.

I meant number of Type Rs and buying what you already had lol. I would've said get the Cosmic EP3 because of how you complained about the last Accord, then again I dont think you ever seemed happy with the DC2 either :lol:
Hmm I guess. This one does drive a lot better than the first though. I've not pushed it yet though, need the tyres changing first, and less crud weather needed.

Looks decent, and for the price you can't knock it really ;)

I can guess the Cosmic Type R you mention is the one for sale on CTRO at the moment, so wish I could get something now as I am seriously tempted with that for the money and with the LSD as well its well worth it. I would like him to have kept the wheels on it as well, as it really suits it. Although going on the photos of them they need refurbishment.

Enjoy

Looking good, I've never driven any other Type-R (yet) so can't join the argument, but the chap who said ATRs are heavy a few pages ago, bear in mind it is a saloon car. Obviously not as light as a Teggy or a Civic, but compare the weight to a V6 Vectra, ST Mondeo etc from same era, the ATR is around 200kg lighter than them (250kg lighter than the Mondeo), to me its very light for what it is.

Looking good, I've never driven any other Type-R (yet) so can't join the argument, but the chap who said ATRs are heavy a few pages ago, bear in mind it is a saloon car. Obviously not as light as a Teggy or a Civic, but compare the weight to a V6 Vectra, ST Mondeo etc from same era, the ATR is around 200kg lighter than them (250kg lighter than the Mondeo), to me its very light for what it is.

Oh I agree whole heartedly, I didn't say it was a heavy car. I said it is heavier than the EP3 Chris has just come from. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt say the ATR feels particulary heavy and im much happier pushing it than I am my EP3. It does tend to bog down though and the lack of 6 gears can get a bit of a pain on the motorway.

I wouldnt say the ATR feels particulary heavy and im much happier pushing it than I am my EP3. It does tend to bog down though and the lack of 6 gears can get a bit of a pain on the motorway.

Final drive and long 5th from an old prelude would cure this.

Back