• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

Yeah, I snapped it to be fair, over-tightening it when it was red hot.

It was OEM, it was even JDM :eek: !!

Harv tapped it with a socket set IIRC to loosen it, as you would, but it shattered, lol.

I have two Mugen ones now.

I'll have the OEM one with me as well as a T1R one that has worked fine on the DC5, first ATR, DC2, EP3 and this ATR. I've also got a spare rad cap. :)

I'll be taking spare oil//rad cap too! also, 2 x 1 litre oil top ups, don't think I will need them but it is better to be safe than sorry :)

There are two bits that make up the console bit where my double DIN now sits. There's the inner bit, and also an outer bit which has a CF surround on. I've been looking on the ATR forum for a new inner bit, to have a play and see if I can get the double DIN sitting better. Someone wanted £10 for one so I drove down to Harrow to pick it up, and while there, he had the CF surround bit for another tenner so I took that as mine has some minor marks on. They go for around £25 each on eBay so thought why not. I've also ordered one of these to start the modifying process of getting the double DIN to sit true:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270524641682

It slots in where the recess is left by the clock. It's not the standard area for a stereo to go and the Golf fascia is the closest you'll get.

I'll hopefully manage something like the below:

Kaz_219 said:
Cheers guys for the comments :agree:

So thought I'd finaly getting modding a bit but as its freezing, didnt fancy doing anything on the outside so decided to buy some ICE and stick it in.

Got an Double Din Alpine Screen, Alpine Bluetooth Phone Handsfree and Music Streamer and a Alpine NAV system.

I fitted it with the cage and fascia surround first to the area where the clock was but it looked very cluttered so i decided to do a custom fit.

So, got a plastic double din cage and the standard ATR centre trim:

DSC00853.jpg

It doesnt fit:

DSC00854.jpg

But it does now with a bit of nip and tuck:

DSC00855.jpg

Then added an MDF piece to hold it all in place and glued the 2 panels together with a seleant i got from the bodyshop that drys rock solid & test fitted the screen. I mounted it so that its flush with the fascia:

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

Looked good so got ome filler on to smooth it all in.

I used P38 filler and then used 180 sandpaper followed by 240 then 400 grit to smooth it all in. Had to use the filler around 5 times on top of each layer due to holes/imperfections and took me ages to do it as it was my first time doing something like this!

DSC00858.jpg

Before primer wiped with pre-paint:

DSC00860.jpg

Primer (2 coats):

DSC00863.jpg

Painted black (3 coats) and finsihed article :D

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

Came out pretty well and i purposely mounted the screen flat as it use to stick out before! Over the moon with how it turned out as never painted/filled anything in my life :D

I'll wire it in with the Nav & other things in the morning and get some pics of how it looks fitted :agree:

Opnions Welcome :agree:

Looks great that. I personally wouldn't bother though a lot of effort and your screwed come to selling the car.

Why would I be screwed? I'll have the spare bits, take 10 minutes to swap out.

Hey Chris, your DIY job looks pukka mate. Feels good to do it yourself & pull it off doesn't it :). (Dotty take note - Headlight FOAD :lol:) Have a pint for me man!

Hey Chris, your DIY job looks pukka mate. Feels good to do it yourself & pull it off doesn't it :). (Dotty take note - Headlight FOAD :lol:) Have a pint for me man!

I think Chris has just quoted someone's else's work as a potential project hasn't he? Could be wrong as I'm on tapatalk ATM.

It looks better in the photo's, I'm not happy with the way it is now.

Kerman is right, I quoted someone else's work from the ATR forum, I plan on doing it myself.

Good luck with that fibreglass stuff Hammer, not something I'd attempt that's for sure, I'm soooo bad at interior stuff like this.

I'm alright with carpets, seats, etc but fiddly things like this can FOAD.

First interior effort was my 106 GTi clocks, should have not bothered;

65.jpg

Then my famous attempt at industrial strength dyeing my JDM mats black to match my interior;

SV401090.jpg

SV401091.jpg

Back