• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris's Accord Type R

troll_fishing_by_rawmarius-d308iao.png

I would roll in a VAG, but I'm not an Asian drug dealer.

A few weeks after I bought the car I had the aircon regassed and it stopped working a few months later. So I had it redone again and once again it's failed (noticed no cold air in the heat the other day, total fail). I normally have it on most of the time as from my experience, it makes little (no) difference to MPG so I know it's not down to simply not using it.

So it appears it has a leak somewhere. I'm booked in to Honda in Hemel tomorrow for a full leak test (cheaper than local garages, too). I've also got some spare parts I'll be taking with me (if I can get them on time). I managed to find a whole aircon set in good condition for £50 just down the road, not bad since most individual parts (the ones likely to go are the compressor and onnecting hoses) are over £100 alone!

The RE002's are nicely scrubbed in now, they're a fantastic tyre. Loads of grip in the wet and dry, good feedback, little road noise and a nice firm sidewall. :)

Tbh Chris, it will more than likely be the condenser (which I'm sure you would've checked already). Hopefully it will be a simple fix for you.
I'm still yet to fit my condenser and the receiver/dryer to mine. If this heat keeps up I will definitley pull my finger out sooner than later :lol:

Tbh Chris, it will more than likely be the condenser (which I'm sure you would've checked already). Hopefully it will be a simple fix for you.
I'm still yet to fit my condenser and the receiver/dryer to mine. If this heat keeps up I will definitley pull my finger out sooner than later :lol:
I've had a look at it and it appears to be fine. I've also had a bit of a look on the ATR forum and there's a pipe going from the condensor that is prone to failure. Either way, I'll know in the morning.

Condensor and pipe replaced, aircon is all good now, good service at Honda too. They also gave the car a check-over and I've got a list of minor niggles that need sorting.

I've also just had all four drop links changed. While doing them, I noticed a few bushes were looking a little tired so I will be getting them done over the next couple of months as and when. Thanks to Toyracer on the ATR forum for the work.

Saw one of these on the M4 yesterday, Kayleigh asked me why that old Mondeo had a silly spoiler on the back.

I lol'd and said I don't know :lol: .

I just put the standard gear knob back on ready for the car to be sold tomorrow and I couldn't believe the difference it makes to the gear shift. :lol:

I'll miss this car, it's been solid and good fun.

Back