• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MOT

When it comes to MOT time is it possible to have a map set up on Kpro to pass your emissions test even with a de-cat??

If so would they still fail you if they saw the de-cat?? I'm guessing not?

Thanks for any feedback.

iirc the cat isnt a part of the mot, the car just needs to pass a emisions test so in theory if you could get the emissions low enough then it would pass without a cat allthough i think the chances would be pretty slim

you cannot map kpro to pass the emissions test on an MOT without a cat, IIRC tp tried it and couldn't do it

you cannot map kpro to pass the emissions test on an MOT without a cat, IIRC tp tried it and couldn't do it

Although he was running cams at the time IIRC which would have made it harder but I think it's going to be nigh on impossible to do it at stock as well.

I'm sure I remember reading on here that someone had passed the MOT without a cat. I cant remember who it was, possibly G, I'm not sure. Its not something I would rely on anyway, if it did happen its more likely to be the exception rather than the rule.

Wishful thinking then i guess. Well thanks for the replies.

Does anyone no of a company that could make a custom CAT that i could just replace once a year for the MOT, or would this mean a reflash would have to be done every time i take the lamber sensor off? I assume most custom exhaust companies should be able to make one?

If not any other ideas? What does everyone else do?

Thanks

probably a company like powerflow etc could make a section that could be bolted/unbolted to swap a strait pipe to a cat, allthough id be tempted to just get a sports cat and have done with it

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'll probably go to custom crome. They usually do a great job. Would be interesting to know the difference in performance with a custom cat and just a de-cat.

Would save the swapping over each year though which would be nice.

My EP3 comes VERY close to passing with the race header and the Hondata. I think a little tune and it would go through fine.

I'm sure I remember reading on here that someone had passed the MOT without a cat. I cant remember who it was, possibly G, I'm not sure. Its not something I would rely on anyway, if it did happen its more likely to be the exception rather than the rule.

+1

I'm sure it was G. His map was running tight and the engine was burning very cleanly.

I think a custom cat sounds like a better idea. Then no worries. I'll keep it on for the first year thou or at least till i can be bothered to get the cat made.

Thanks guys.

Back