• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MPG

300-400 here :)

Daily driver though, 50mile round trip to work too. I can get 150-200 though if I feel like having fun.

That is driving an EP3 slowly. :lol: I'm still surprised that people are only getting 200 or so from a tank. Do you bounce off the rev limiter in every gear?

Yeah? I suppose the Rs do have notoriously high redlines and a lot of range to the gears.

Out of interest, does it mention in the EP3 owners guide or similar what the optimum RPM is for gear change? I have heard word that the MR2's is 2600RPM.

Yeah? I suppose the Rs do have notoriously high redlines and a lot of range to the gears.

Out of interest, does it mention in the EP3 owners guide or similar what the optimum RPM is for gear change? I have heard word that the MR2's is 2600RPM.

7400 rpm according to Vicky Butler Henderson's brother (Charlie).... Vids are all here but you will need to click on 'Driving' then 'continue' then the fourth one along 'Feel the Revs' and he explains all.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/hondamentalism/typer/

Until I find it on the tube....

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an average of 260miles on a tank. That's most of the time city driving however. I went to Germany once and if I'd kept at 70mph instead of an average of 100mph, I'd reckon 300mile is easely do-able

When first trying to drive eco I was using more fuel than usual, I think the rev's were too low for the gears and too much accellerator pedal to get up to speed. with low torque k20 i would think a lot of fuel is wasted from working the engine at low revs. I have started decellerating now rather than just applying the brakes, and leaving a larger gap between you and the car in front to lessen the brake, accellerate, brake, accelleration wastage. a proper sunday driver and still only get 250 avrage miles to a tank. :confused:

Back now got 350 out of tank could have got a bit more but didn't want to chance running out in France. Thanks all for posts also didn't see any CTR's at all over there!

I think the rev's were too low for the gears and too much accellerator pedal to get up to speed. with low torque k20 i would think a lot of fuel is wasted from working the engine at low revs.

That should be true, if I remember correctly, full throttle in low revs is less economical than half throttle or less in higher revs.

I average roughly 270miles to a full tank on mine, however recently I managed to get 325!!!! Was driving like the fuel light was on all the time... the key is to keep the revs low and constant with very very little use of vtec (but then most of the time what is point in having it if you don't use it!?) I hit vtec less than 5 times when I did my MPG run and I managed 35mpg!

My last tank in the MR2 got 255 but I didn't run it to lights on. Worked out at 15p per mile. That means that in Edinburgh, the car is cheaper to run than the bus for journeys of up to 8 miles. Fun fact!

:lol: WTF?

Recently fitted an AEM CAI (swapped my old AEM V2 for it) and my fuel consumption has got better, I just managed 250 miles to a tank which is the most I've ever got. Cold air is the only reason I can think of, rather than sucking up warm air.

Back