• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

Ha, it's always tempting. I nearly went down the power route but the 217bhp after remap, plus the need for it to be a daily driver, often on the motorway knocked that on the head.

Sounds so good with the Mugen intake that I don't really need to be chasing figures either!

Two weeks ago I popped to the local Sainsburys and was in there for a whole four minutes.

When I returned I found this:

No note left, nothing. :mad:

I remember seeing a middle-aged lady getting into the car next to me and there was no-one parked there when I returned so she is suspect number one, not that I paid too close attention to her car.

It's the only time in my two and a half years I haven't parked on an end bay, but there wasn't any alternative other than disabled bays. What are the odds?!

The CCTV at the shop pointed in the other direction so that was no use either.

Can't understand how so much damage can happen in a small 8 person car park, from a car next to you, or even how you'd manage to do it.

The damage can't be repaired so replacement parts required. Unfortunately the Mugen splitter is unavailable even via Mugen direct. After many discussions (and refusing Type R kits crap), it has been agreed today that they will replace the damaged bumper and splitter with....a GENUINE MUGEN AERO BUMPER!!! Every cloud...

So I need to wait for that to come via Mugen, new wheel arch trim from Honda and then the paint and fitting, so I'm getting used to my Fiesta hire car. God it's boring and full of cheap materials.

Total cost for all this for insurer - nearly £2k :eek: Praise protected no claims discount.

Plan was to sell up in late March for an FK2. After this I might just keep hold of it and get a daily banger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely gutting pal, what a cretin :(

I don't know how someone can pull into a car and carry on... surely if you hit something you stop and go backwards, not pretend it isn't happening and carry on :mad:

Yeah really not sure what happened. If it's the person I suspect then they were already parked next to me, so they reversed and managed to do that. Guessing wheels weren't straight, caught splitter and then it just knackered everything.

Been livid about it, but the Mugen bumper news today has cheered me up, so I thought I'd share on here.

Cringing scrolling down those photos.

Shame it had ended up in a claim. Protected no claims or not, you will still have to declare it and you premiums will go up as a result. Extra kick in the teeth.

Tell me about it mate. At one point it looked like I had to pay difference between splitter and aero bumper, again something that would've been covered on their insurance. As it is I don't, so better result.

Gutting for you mate!!
Glad you held firm against fitting Fugen rubbish.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about that Welshy, I can just imagine how you felt when you saw it. I look forward to seeing the aero, well done for sticking it out.

The saga continues.

After the Christmas break, Mugen have today confirmed the earliest they can get the part will be March, from Japan....

Ford are asking for their courtesy car back and have taped up the front end saying its driveable...

I don't want to be without the car for another two and a bit months, but equally, driving around with it held together with tape seems less than ideal.

Can you go to the third parties insurance and get a new courtesy car as yours isn't back in the condition it was before the accident?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nope as whoever did it buggered off! Grrr

I have discovered on this repair voyage that pretty everything on the M200/M20 has been discontinued so the thought of the full aero bumper on a daily is making my palms sweat.

Might buy an Alfa 159 for my daily motorway cruiser as I like the interior lots. Plus a second hand Alfa should cause no issues, yeah?

I seem to recall not a single thing went wrong ;-)

My girlfriend has had her MiTo for a good few years now. Bulletproof. Only issues have been the front suspension corroding after 20k miles and needing top struts replacing, steering column failing, drivers window fell down and is now stuck up, um a caliper got stuck, software update has wiped out bluetoooth and hands free functionality...that's it!

But the interior is really nice.

Picking car up Friday all being well. Spoke to Mugen and being honest they think April until bumper will be on car. The bumper isn't due for manufacture until March.

In the meantime I'm having the wheel arch trim replaced which should mean everything is secure without the need for tape, albeit with me driving around with the damage until April.

The more this drags on, the more I think I'll sell once it's shiny and fixed.

I think you'll regret selling but I can see why.

What would replace it?

I thought car manufacturers had to be able to supply parts for cars for 10 years after they stop production or am I making that up?

FK2 most likely. Come April/May they'll be £22k which is very tempting. All dependent on how much I get for mine though-not going to give it away and equally, I suspect "it's not worth that much over a CW Edition" will be mentioned repeatedly.

My Dad said the same regarding the 10 year support for parts. I've raised a complaint with Honda and will see what they say.

It's a good thing that the interiors are nice in Alfa's, as you'll be spending quite some time in it whilst the car is on the hard shoulder...

Ha, you're probably right!

That said there have been three Alfas in family in last 10 years without any (major) issues so you never know... Russian Roulette!

Got mine back yesterday. It's amazing how quickly you get used to what an amazing car it is when you drive it daily. Getting back in after the Fiesta felt as if I'd moved forwards in time 20 years.

The damage is still very noticeable, but an improvement on when it went in. April can't come soon enough.

Tricky to decide what to do with it. Either way it can't be a daily in light of this saga, so for the same cost I can keep it and get a plush m'way cruiser/daily or have an FK2 as my only car. Might start a vote.

Back