• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

Now I'm feeling the pressure. I'll wash it regularly and stuff. I promise! :D

I've had a pearlescent white CR-Z for the last 18 months and I love it, colour and all.
Must admit, I do tend to use a fair old bit of IronX and tardis. :lol:

That's one for and one against on the forums today. :) Maybe I should start a poll, although I'm not sure my girlfriend is convinced on the wing. I'm still surprised she not only let me buy it, then travel all that way, but then when I got home she showed interest and actually seems to like the car. Happy days.

Looks fresh dude, quiet jelouse to be fair i have a black fn2. i used to want a mugen wing on mine but i though whats the point as it just a type r not a mugen, IMO i dont thing you should put one on your it looks cool enough as it is however the tegiwa carbon spoiler has grown on me and would look pretty trick on a white fn2.

Looks fresh dude, quiet jelouse to be fair i have a black fn2. i used to want a mugen wing on mine but i though whats the point as it just a type r not a mugen, IMO i dont thing you should put one on your it looks cool enough as it is however the tegiwa carbon spoiler has grown on me and would look pretty trick on a white fn2.

Get the Mugen wing, it looks the business with the other Mugen aero.

IMO don't get the Tegiwa as a copy of the Seeker item

I'm a bit of a sucker for genuine JDM, so other than my Jazz washer jets on my EP3 I haven't bought anything from Tegiwa.

I'm going to enjoy it for a little bit, get the Spoon calipers fitted and then see what my thoughts on the Mugen grill and wing are then (plus my wallet!)

Out of interest, does anyone know if the Spoons will fit? They are rear fitment on the EP3 and front on the FN2. The calipers themselves seem identical on their website, so would it just be a case of the left on going on the right of the FN2 and visa versa?

Hello! I am he, of aforementioned Spoon-age. I know that the front OEM caliper set-up for the FN and the EP are the same, allowing us to use EP pads and discs. However, I don't think this extends to interchangeable aftermarket calipers. Mine were marked as FN2 specific...further Google-aided digging also turned up the different Spon part numbers for the EP3 and FN2 calipers. I wuld perhaps suggest a call or email to Hendy to confirm, as they supplied some of my Spoon parts. Sorry I've not been that helpful.

Thanks mate. Yeah I noticed the different numbers, but wasn't sure if it was simply because they come with 'left' and 'right' stickers on them and these will be reversed on the FN2, hence the different numbers. Hoping that's it anyway :) Will give Hendy a shout.

What brake setup do you run on yours? (other than Spoons obviously!) The only thing I'd like to improve are the brakes, they don't seem overly keen on bringing it to a hault briskly!

Currently, the Spoons, DS2500 pads, DBA 5000 series discs, and Goodridge hoses. I'm in the minority of not being a 100% in love with the Ferodo's, so contemplating a switch in the summer.

If you can handle brake dust, I'd massively recommend Project Mu HC+ front pads, they were great on my EP3.

Lovely M200 Bud! Really really like these.. Also from just outside Cardiff so i'll keep an eye out.. ;)

I think the calipers should fit, in terms of attaching to the hub, as the brackets seem to be the same (as EP3 and FN2 OEM is the same). The problem is the internal components will be need to be reversed and looking online there seems to be some additional parts with the FN2 set too.

Although it will be with reluctance, I think I'm going to put the calipers up for sale whilst they're in near-mint condition and recoup some of my money.

Brief update, albeit a very minor/boring one.

Popped my EP3 Mugen goodies under the bonnet:

Got more bothered than I should have that the key didn’t have a red ‘H’ on it:

Upgraded the yellow sidelights to some white LEDs to try and match the HIDs. Can’t really tell anything from this picture, other than everything is sort of white now:

General thoughts on the car after two weeks of ownership is that it’s still awesome. Still can’t praise the LSD enough for the grip it now gives me and the induction roar is completely addictive. Not going to get into yet another EP3/FN2 debate, but as much as I miss the old car, this is better in my opinion.

I also didn’t realise just how much attention the car would get. I really like how it looks (obviously) and thought the Honda forums might appreciate it, but everywhere I go I get people stopping and staring – they appear to be doing it in a positive manner too :-D Over a Honda!

I must admit I’ve never worried about a car so much as with the M200 which is sending my girlfriend slowly insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the car we own isn't slowly destroying the sanity of our other half then we are doing something wrong. :lol:

I had to buy my gf a custom build-your-own-teddybear to apologise for driving her to Edinburgh in the EP...

That's less than 50 miles.

At least you're worrying and gradually sabotaging your love life over a car WORTH the stress and estrangement. That is the end of the FN/EP argument.

Back