• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My '05 NHB CTR - Time to say goodbye :(

Good work.

It doesn't look like you're running a 205/45 - they look lower profile than that. I almost assumed they were 215/40 or 205/40's, the back wheel/arch definitely gives off this impression (of less side-wall rubber). Perhaps it's because the Toyo's are more 'squared off' if that makes sense LOL, tire-shine is definitely adding to the effect IMO, looks cool - the same profile (45's) in Potz look tractor like when tire-shine dries out LOL.

I like this car - clean, with smart mods. Would definitely like to see this lowered, subtly, one day. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the jdm deflectors mate, are they genuine honda ones? how much did u pay and where from etc?
Im after a set for mine, but dont want to luck out by buying fake ebay specials!
Are they hard to fit?
Also how long did it take to do your calipers, you said you did two coats, how long between each set of coats?
Sorry for all the questions, but im spending money hand over fist at the moment and dont wanna go buy parts and then balls it all up!

Loving the jdm deflectors mate, are they genuine honda ones? how much did u pay and where from etc?
Im after a set for mine, but dont want to luck out by buying fake ebay specials!
Are they hard to fit?
Also how long did it take to do your calipers, you said you did two coats, how long between each set of coats?
Sorry for all the questions, but im spending money hand over fist at the moment and dont wanna go buy parts and then balls it all up!

The wind deflectors are JDM OEMones and are outstanding fit and quality. Easy to fit. These are the only ones to get, people will swear by the cheap eBay ones, but more often than not they change them for JDM soon.

You can get these from Funky Power, tyhey seem to have gone up in price a bit though :lol: .

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalog...evel2=WIND+DEFLECTORS&level3=&id_product=3432

I've done my calipers on both cars now and each time taken a whole day to do them.

Jack the car up on axle stands, remove wheels, clean the brakes as best you can, then apply the paint. I left it for a hour or so then did a second coat.

I always use this kit as it mega qaulity and comes with the brake cleaner fluid.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...Id=lippai&istBid=t&googleSource=ProductSearch

Take your time and get it right.

Nice one for the links mate. I was looking at the foliatec kit as i did hear it was the best!
i thought it would be an all dayer, so im gonna get that kit, jack it up and give the wheels a going over whilst they are off! what colour do you reckon would look best on a cosmic grey? im thinking silver, as dont wanna be too lairy!
Them Jdm deflectors are insane, im def getting them!

Silver is a good call.

I did red on my Night Hark Black EP3 and Blue on my Silverstone S2000.

just want it to look smooth, hopefully a mod will move my thread into this members car section soon!
Keep your eyes peeled!
Cheers for help!

Cheers for answering the questions Suits :D

Haven't been on in a while, mainly down to the weather being crap and not being able to clean her, which makes me lose a little interest :(

Just thinking about what to do next though and would like to sort the bulbs out all round.

Just wondering if you guys have the codes for the following bulbs, as I know the halfords guides are sometimes wrong.

I need:

Rear Silvatec Indicators
Front Silvatec Indicators
High Beam/Main Beam (When you flash) to match the hids

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a new tyre fitted on the car, and a full service + MOT.

Now both the guy who fitted the tyre and the guy who did the MOT have both asked me if my wheel nuts are aftermarket, as they have had problems removing them.

I have standard wheels and haven't changed the wheel nuts at all! I also get a slight wobble at a certain MPH and was told it was probably down to having the wrong nuts.

Looking around now for a set which actually fit the car properly, maybe some decent Red aftermarket ones that fit nicely ;)

Anyone shed some light on this?

Ta!

Still looking for a little help on this guys, and would like to get most of it sorted over this weekend while I have the time :)

Oh, and where would be the best/cheapest place to get a set of DC5 pedals and footrest?

Much love!

Alreet peeps!

Had a notice from garage that my brake pads will need changing very shortly.

Want to get some aftermarket ones and do it myself.

Thinking about going for either some EBC Red stuff pads or the ferodo DS2500's.

Any opinions on these or better alternatives?

I have Red Stuff on the Teg. Absolute pants. Too much life to warrant the dosh right here, right now... but I'm gagging to change them. I'd go DS2500 or ProjectMu's, the Mu's will probably chew through your discs if they're OEM however.

I run DS2500's on my S2000 and they're very good.

I won't be chnaging anytime soon.

I have red stuff all round on mine! will say they are crap will be changing to ds2500 + goodridge brake lines, motul rbf 600 fluid. Stunning car mate looks very tidy.

Yeah I have the oem discs Sun so looking like it's best to go with the DS2500's anyways.

Cheers for the info lads, will be ordering some of them pretty soon :)

Cheers Chris! Progress has got pretty slow lately, trying to save up for mortgage deposit without having to sell her! So far so good! ;)

Shame Dave. :)

Always liked this car.

Slightly steep IMHO - but GLWTS, and especially in your hunt to jump on the property ladder.

Sun

Back