• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 05 NHB Rotrex'ed 315 wbhp / 370.8bhp

not a fan of the scoop, but at least it has a purpose!! Great power figures though! But i'm N/A all the way.

Can't wait to see this for real now :p
dude, next time keep you mobile closer to you ;-)

btw the scoop says "subaru impreza" on a sticker in it. You kinda get use to it and it makes the car stand out in those days of ultra-common EP3s.
Shame that it was fitted quite badly it doesn't help to make it look ok.

A mate of mine who's a pro of the B16/B18 mapping and turbo'ing had a look at my maps when I was over in France. I took him for a drive and he wasn't impressed at all by the power of the engine, so we took the laptop out and he basically laughed out loud at my maps (git)...

We did 45 mins of road tuning, and already the car was so much quicker, with better relaunch. He's coming over in 2 weeks time to finalise the mapping, and I'm really looking forward to putting the car on a dyno with the TTS maps and his maps. Richard @ TTS is looking forward to it too.
People who haven't had a ride yet, just as well. Now the car feels and is much quicker. I don't have bhp/torque values just yet but 0-60 and especially 40-80 are quicker.

I still need to get my fuelling issues sorted, as when I get to 1/3ish of the tank left, the fuelling is erratic and the car becomes undriveable at high rpm. I need to get a tank of fuel to get the pressure going again. Injectors are far from being maxed out, so it's just a fuel pressure problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need to get my fuelling issues sorted, as when I get to 1/3ish of the tank left, the fuelling is erratic and the car becomes undriveable at high rpm. I need to get a tank of fuel to get the pressure going again. Injectors are far from being maxed out, so it's just a fuel pressure problem.

Sounds like the problem I had yeaarrss ago on a mk2 Fiesta XR2 with a Turbtechnics XR3i motor in it. It was mega quick, loads of torque, but had to keep it fuelled above ½ tank or would get fuel drain when giving it full throttle and it would cut out all over the place.

I was told I needed a swirl pot in the tank to keep the pressure regulated???

I would presume the Civic has one of these, but I really don't know anything more about it. Fitting a swirl pot is a delicate job because it involves cutting the tank open to weld the swirl pot in :eek: Also something tells me that the Civic may have a plastic/composite tank anyway ???

I dunno Regan, but that is something I will be investigating in the coming days...
After the datalog I did last night, it seems sometimes the injectors are maxing out (and they are 750cc) but sometimes they dont....

on the perf side, it's quite mad ....
40 to 60 in 3rd ... 2.2seconds.... for info a 911 turbo does 2.1 sec ( click me )

swirl pots arent mounted in the fuel tank they can go before or after the pump. normally after the pump.

which fuel pump are you using?

Fuel pump is a Walbro I think. That's what I've been told and haven't open the tank yet. It's a bit of a pain. That is the next thing to do though.

Anyway I have had my map re-done over the weekend. The one word to describe it best is "smooth".

Improvements
  • Car way smoother whilst cruising.
  • Pick up from any speed full throttle with no judder
  • Top power improved due to smoother delivery of it
  • Engine tune delivers a good fuel economy whilst cruising, and mental power delivery when needed :twisted:

Watch this space for a dyno comparison soon.

Sounds like it was worth the remap :cool:
Yeah definitely.

I'm looking forward to see your car back on the road mate. From what I've heard you should have your mapping sorted by someone decent :cool: ;)

I've cleaned it ?!

Since I was visiting some of my GF family I whought I might make the most of the drive, and keep the nephew occupied :lol:

And this is what a clay kit from Meguiars can do for you...

shinny roof
shinny side
The cleaning team

Had the car on Surrey Rolling road's dyno this evening.
I basically was very gutted. We put the maps I ran during the HET ; the fuel economy one and the full powerd one. I was given these during the conversion.
Both were deadly lean. So lean that Mr Rolling Road refused to run the caar with these. With 2 half runs, we could see that the A/F was not going lower than 15:1, peaking at 17:1 at 8000rpm, with a ridiculous 260bhp. This is majorly wrong and dangerous.

Then we put my new map, developped with my mate PiV when he came to visit a last week. A/F looks nice and clean, and the max power is now 338bhp. A "slight" increase !!!

Which brings me to think that the rolling road sheet I was given with the car is slightly strange. Where here at the Surrey Rolling road I had already the car dynoed for a 175wbhp/200 bhp stock (only with an injen CAI actually...)

Anyway it's late, and I'll post the dyno sheets tomorrow.

Charlie's RR is pretty good.

Who mapped it originally Anouar? Sounds like you pal has done you proud :)
Should of told me you were going, I haven't see you or Charlie for some time.

Back