• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Yep boost is fun :twisted:

The list is quite long:

(since owning the car from February 09 )
Parts out of choice:
Down pipe
decat
Boost controller
255 Fuel Pump
Ecu upgrade

Due to faulty/damaged/self inflicted damage to parts:
Faulty actuator
Front Brakes - 2 Sets of discs and pads
Coilovers - due to leaking damper
Steering Column - due to juddering at donington
Steering Rack Gaitors - due to being an 11 year old car
Twin plate Clutch - due to owning an Evo
Front brake calipers - due to the seals turning into flowers.
Puncture in my A048s

I think there might be other stuff but I don't want to think about it.

must have punctured the wallet a bit!!!

what twin plate clutch did you have? me and my mate just fitted a carbonetic to his V, feels good!! pricey though!!

Yep boost is fun :twisted:

The list is quite long:

(since owning the car from February 09 )
Parts out of choice:
Down pipe
decat
Boost controller
255 Fuel Pump
Ecu upgrade

Due to faulty/damaged/self inflicted damage to parts:
Faulty actuator
Front Brakes - 2 Sets of discs and pads
Coilovers - due to leaking damper
Steering Column - due to juddering at donington
Steering Rack Gaitors - due to being an 11 year old car
Twin plate Clutch - due to owning an Evo
Front brake calipers - due to the seals turning into flowers.
Puncture in my A048s

I think there might be other stuff but I don't want to think about it.

Niiiice!! :lol:

Only issue I have with mine is top mounts which is common, also noted a leaking seal on my FRH shocker but they will be replaced with the BC's.

Other than that no issues..

I have an uprated clutch and the discs and pads are new (just before I bought it three months ago)

Gentlemen, I am sure you have seen this one...

WANT

Well finally got my self a new Evo.. had it for 6 weeks now :D and just over the moon with it so far.. Was torn between the IX MR FQ360 / IX GT and the X GSR but after many test drives the decision was simple.:D Not taking anything away from the X as its a great car in its own right :smthumbup But for me in its standard form is more like a Mondeo than an Evo..:wallbang: Would of had to of been an RS and thats just to raw for what I'm after at the moment.. It's going to be a show car after all.

So the hunt was on for a mint White IX Gt (Not that easy to get a good one with low miles thats for sale) or Pearl white IX MR FQ360 :D (Even harder to get considering there was only 4 made:D)

And this is what i came up with :D See my car for current spec :coolsm:.. work in progress!!! picture's are not the best but you get the idea :D.. The paint is stunning under the sunlight :coolsm:..

Feel free to comment in my car :smthumbup

Pearl white is the new black.......................

evowashed001.jpg

evowashed002.jpg

evowashed003.jpg

evowashed006.jpg

evowashed008.jpg

evowashed009.jpg

evowashed010.jpg

evowashed012.jpg

evowashed013.jpg

evowashed014.jpg

evowashed015.jpg

evowashed018.jpg

evowashed020.jpg

evowashed021.jpg

evowashed024.jpg

evowashed025.jpg

evowashed026.jpg

evowashed028.jpg

evowashed030.jpg

evowashed031.jpg

evowashed034.jpg

evowashed023.jpg

NewEvoAug2009024.jpg

NewEvoAug2009015.jpg

NewEvoAug2009025-2.jpg

NewEvoAug2009018.jpg

NewEvoAug2009020.jpg

NewEvoAug2009025-1.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

must have punctured the wallet a bit!!!

what twin plate clutch did you have? me and my mate just fitted a carbonetic to his V, feels good!! pricey though!!

Yep probably spend almost the price of the car :lol:

Its an Excedy Twin Plate Heavy Duty, super stiff when it was first installed with zero bite point so I kept stalling it :lol: Seems to be better now, but still with pretty much no bite point, so have to give it plenty of revs.

I've done a few launches just to clean the plates up after a trackday and it was spinning all 4 wheels in the dry :lol:, unbelievable that you can do full throttle launches.

I was going to go for the Carbonetic twin plate as it was about the same price of the Excedy HD but have heard some of the Evo's having a few issues, with them slipping on cold starts and also other faults, didn't want the risk of fitting it then having problems.

I want a GT, but a unfettled one, which are hard to find. There is one at extreme but they want 18k for it lol GTFO.

I also want a m3 and a X lol mmm what to do what do to

Just a little update, had some new drop links fitted (more robust ones) and I am getting a Geekmap on friday :D

DL's being fitted:

2009-11-12_17-25-08_121120091664.jpg

Have covered a few hundred miles in the last three weeks in it (up and down the country) and the motorway MPG is not as bad as expected, I got 245 miles out of a tank which is not to bad :smt023

Aside from the noise of the nur spec it is actually quite nice on the motorways too :D

Falken FK452's are proving to be an excellent value for money tyre too, no twitchy moments and they are very good where surface water is concerned.

I have got a HID kit on order for the winter months too.

Back