• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2002 CW DC5

Well seeing as i post on here i thought i would copy my thread over from the dc5 owners club! Owned it for 2 months now and loving it :cool:

Well i spent the first weekend of DC5 ownership detailing my mk5 golf :eek:
DSC01074.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

But then i only had an hour to play with the teg, so just snow foamed it and cleaned it and planning on detailing it next weekend.
Here are some pics of my car as it stands and will be the start of my project thread. This is how i got it
DSC01068.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

First mods, can you spot them :-k and a quick wash
DSC01082.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

Did intend to buy a double din headunit but am happy with the standard honda one with built in 6 CD changer. SO gettin a band expander fitted and a handsfree, then clear repeaters, washer jets, red mats, lowering springs and intake (not sure if i spend the £650 for a gruppem or just get an injen CAI, need to do some research) Also plan to re laquer the calipers and mesh the front bumper
Hope you will enjoy the thread :green:

then I had a busy day, so far i have

1. Bought jazz washer jets and clear repeaters - Cheers Dave Johnson!
2. Bought new plugs and eibach springs - Cheers Tom @ TGM
3. Bought 6 litres of oil (1 spare), new filter and new gearbox oil
4. Got a friend to do valve clearances this saturday for me and we will both change fluids and plugs
5. Bought flat blade wipers

Also had a good chat with an old friend that used to have a tuners in south wales, he now has a JDM EP3 and said main things after what i have done, are sorting camber then breathing. He said standard manifold is ok just the 2-1 section and back from there needs changing then airbox etc then see how i fel about ECU upgrade, RBC etc

then had a real good day on the car yesterday with a mechanic friend we:

-Did valve clearances (when rocker cover wa soff he commented how clean everything looked etc and couldnt believe the engine had done 63k) These were only slightly out so guessing they were done in recent times but at least i know now they are spot on
-Cleaned rocker cover
-Fitted Jazz washer jets,clear repeaters,flat blade wipers
-Cut plate holder down and fitted a 12"X3" front plate, looks spot om
-Changed oil and filter
-Changed Gearbox oil

Didnt have much time and thus gave it a good clean,clay and wax and will polish it properly in coming weeks but looks better after the claying

Still loving the car to bits and bought a new keyring for my house keys, a metal type r one

Now waiting for it to be lowered in next few days and really want a gruppem ASAP but not paying £600 so hunting for a second hand one. Found and paid for a set of red mats for a decent price too so Benji is a happy dc5 owner at present

here are pics of the plate

003.jpg

Also i have redded out the rear indicators, after reading about MOT's etc i opted for the stick on film so i can rip it off should i ned too, looks reallygreat and one of my favourite mods for under £7 :green:

002.jpg

001.jpg

quick update.

Fittred my gruppem today and i love it, its how the dc5 should sound 8) Also fitted the red anodised washers and black allen key bolts (tegiwa dress up set). Hopefully by next weekend i can

Detail it
Hire a carpet cleaner to give it a good clean

Then saturday its off to tgm for fast road set up with camber adjusters etc and hopefully find out why the car isnt as low as it should be

well saturday my car got more mods than it was supposed to! I went to tgm and had the fast road set up, we swapped the Eibach springs over too as mine wasnt any lower. It tuned out eibach had sent Tom some American kits and told him they were the same as uk ones but they werent. SO now my car looks lower 8) and handles great 8)

on the way home then i met another member who is selling up and bought his

Dixcel front dics and pads
Mugen front brace
Spoon rear brace

Going to leave it for a bit now as bought more than i should have since buying it so will have a few modless months :lol:

Right on saturday ther car got a full detail, came out better than I thought, i wasnt sure as i have never done a white car before. The pics arent the best, the before pics just show the swirls and dryness of the paint

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

Normally i do my after shots with the car in the same spot and then you can see before and after of the same panel but it was dark when i finsihed and i took the car out of the garage and only took a few quick pics monday night before i left off for silverstone. Here are the afters, the paint feels like glass, really really smooth and wet looking and looks alot brighter white, so am happy. There is not a great reflection from the paint as it was 6pm and the light was fading fast :(

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

Very nice car mate, need to get pics up of the mods though. White wheels look cool but enjoy trying to keep them clean :lol:

well last weekend i went on a local dyno day, car over produced and i think the dyno was about 15BHP "friendly"

here are two vids anyway, only mods are gruppem and cat back so it produced 233.8 but even if i take 15 BHP off i am quite happy

[video=youtube;z0E2_Lu3aCo]old link autoupdated[/video]
[video=youtube;P1BV6jxTEYg]old link autoupdated[/video]

Right here are the pics, will have to get the colour code later as i left the chip with the bodyshop! I had these done as a favour and were free otherwise i might not have taken the gamble as i really like the car cosmetically standard. I think i prefer the bronze but am not 100% yet

Gave it a quick clean today, i am lucky the car is garaged so the recent cold weather hasnt really affected it, i got a new snow foam lance for xmas so used that on her

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

Then the wheels, they look better in sunlight, more metallic bronze instead of brown :lol:

DSC01710.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

In the shade

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

Since i detailed it i havent touched it apart from clean it but it still looks decent, I was surprised how much tar was on the car so she will soon get cleaned, clayed and re waxed

Back