• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2007 FN2

Car is now finished, the final parts (Spoon calipers) arrived last week and I had them fitted on Friday, at last I can stop spending!

Some pictures taken on the North Yorks Moors this morning:

P1030290.jpg

P1030289.jpg

P1030288.jpg

P1030286.jpg

P1030285.jpg

P1030277.jpg

P1030276.jpg

P1030275.jpg

P1030274.jpg

P1030273.jpg

MY god that's amazing. How did you get on with the brakes fitting? Spacers etc?

Thanks!

Ended up needing a 5mm spacer, so on an OEM wheel I think you'd need 10mm as mine are ET53. Even with 5mm the calipers are still really, really close! No drama in fitting them though, just had to trim that guard that goes behind the rotors

Thanks again James for getting most of the bits for me and all your advice, I'm so pleased with the car now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, but love your car bud. Pure car p0rn.

I very much approve :cool: Especially liking the "fenders" (wings) :)

Wish my Spoon calipers were that clean though :( Damn carbon brake dust :lol:

Been a while since I've been on the forum, but I'm hoping to make a return and post a bit more as the other forum I was using has gone down the toilet!

Anyway done a few bits to the car in the past few months. Just had a J's Racing exhaust Manifold, 60SS exhaust, J's Steering wheel, J's cam cover and J's gear knob fitted along with some Rays 57U's which will be for the track.

a71cb894.jpg

e0802a50.jpg

8d922c1b.jpg

efd05fb3.jpg

89a886a0.jpg

401f73b5.jpg

5afe9b4e.jpg

8127921b.jpg

c8afcdbb.jpg

2accfc65.jpg

79a6e046.jpg

f174dbba.jpg

de5efefe.jpg

dc34a3b4.jpg

0d74dc9c.jpg

30c572b4.jpg

80fad508.jpg

Thanks, the tow hooks are actually coming off now, the rear was damaged on the dyno so I'm removing them both. Will put them back on when I do more track days though

Love that steering wheel bud! That is automotive p0rn to be honest. :smt023

Did you get a full tune from Romain? Has the issue with you were having at low revs gone away now?

This forum is very Eurospec friendly, lots of people have used him in the past. ;)

Might have seen that Js have released the decat pipe too. Never ends does it?! :lol:

Love that steering wheel bud! That is automotive p0rn to be honest. :smt023

Did you get a full tune from Romain? Has the issue with you were having at low revs gone away now?

This forum is very Eurospec friendly, lots of people have used him in the past. ;)

Might have seen that Js have released the decat pipe too. Never ends does it?! :lol:

Thanks John, I think the steering wheel is the item I like most, I think as I wasnt expecting much as the original photos didnt do it justice when it was fitted I was like ohhhh thats nice!

I had a new full tune from Romain and that instantly resolved the issues I was having. I dont think anything huge was wrong with my TDI North map, the only thing Romain mentioned was it wasnt going into open loop at WOT, but other than that it was fine. I think it must have been a combination of swapping parts after my original map.

Romain was really nice, answered all my questions, didnt slag off any other tuners and I think he did a really good job.

I'm definitely finished once the J's decat arrives, hopefully I'll make good power. Its already making more than some of the cars Romain has mapped with FD2 cams and a race manifold, but my torque is rubbish!

Muhatma Gandhi (!) this car is awesome!!!
Made me want to go Milano again! The attention to detail is amazing...good work! Loving the steering wheel - where and how much?!!?

Back