• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2007 FN2

Muhatma Gandhi (!) this car is awesome!!!
Made me want to go Milano again! The attention to detail is amazing...good work! Loving the steering wheel - where and how much?!!?
Thanks!

The steering wheel was from Caroline at Sumopower, not sure if I can put the price incase my wife ever reads this! lol I think it was about £700!

Car is now finished, the final parts (Spoon calipers) arrived last week and I had them fitted on Friday, at last I can stop spending!

Anyway done a few bits to the car in the past few months. Just had a J's Racing exhaust Manifold, 60SS exhaust, J's Steering wheel, J's cam cover and J's gear knob fitted along with some Rays 57U's which will be for the track.

:lol: !!!

Some very nice additions though. :cool:

Thanks guys :)

Not really sure what to do with the car next. This was really meant to be my last big spend on it, but I've had to get a decat pipe as the cams I went for (Drag Cartel DIC's) arent really performing as well in terms of torque and I'm hoping the decat pipe will help boost that a bit.

Other than that I'd like some new seats, but thats a chew with the FN as nobody seems to do seat rails.

My Dyno print out from Eurospec:
a912b93b.jpg

I agree you have a lot of low can torque like my Skunk2s but it doesn't hit a second peak.

I'm sure it's the cat to be honest.

Your Drag Cartels are supposedly derived from the Skunk2s. The main guy at Drag Cartel came from Skunk2, so I would suspect they are similar but yours are maybe a step up, pushing the envelope a bit more.

You have really good intake now. I've only got the FD2 TB and that is performing well with the RRC and HKS where you have the Mugen intake IIRC.

Wait to see what the decat gives you to be honest. Adding the Tegiwa to mine added a huge amount of mid range torque.

I agree you have a lot of low can torque like my Skunk2s but it doesn't hit a second peak.

I'm sure it's the cat to be honest.

Your Drag Cartels are supposedly derived from the Skunk2s. The main guy at Drag Cartel came from Skunk2, so I would suspect they are similar but yours are maybe a step up, pushing the envelope a bit more.

You have really good intake now. I've only got the FD2 TB and that is performing well with the RRC and HKS where you have the Mugen intake IIRC.

Wait to see what the decat gives you to be honest. Adding the Tegiwa to mine added a huge amount of mid range torque.

J's Decat pipe arrived! I'm hoping this is the final bit of the puzzle that pulls my mid range torque up!

29fdcd6a.jpg

2c6fb046.jpg

408835e8.jpg

e4d10462.jpg

Fingers crossed for you bud!

Are you going to ARTech for the tweak?

This car is pure class, love everything about it! You've done an awesome job of modding it mate and some serious parts used there! You've got far too much money!!!! ;) I love the XD9's, always have, but, I think it looks a lot better work the Rays! :cool:

Fingers crossed for you bud!

Are you going to ARTech for the tweak?

Spoke to Paul about it last week, its not just a tweak thats needed, as the decat and increased flow will make a massive difference....

This car is pure class, love everything about it! You've done an awesome job of modding it mate and some serious parts used there! You've got far too much money!!!! ;) I love the XD9's, always have, but, I think it looks a lot better work the Rays! :cool:

Thanks pal... I do still like the XD9's just think I bought them in the wrong width and offset as the Rays fill the arches so much better. I'm keeping hold of the XD9's though and will swap them when I fancy a change from the Rays.

Thanks pal... I do still like the XD9's just think I bought them in the wrong width and offset as the Rays fill the arches so much better. I'm keeping hold of the XD9's though and will swap them when I fancy a change from the Rays.

I agree, the Rays do fill the arches better and go really nicely with the aggressive looks. Your in a very nice position to have 2 sets of awesome genuine Japanese rimmage to swap around as you please, most people don't have 2 sets of wheels let alone some very expensive and rare wheels! :cool:

No major updates, I still havent got round to getting the decat pipe fitted but I'm loving Romains map, pulls really well so should be excellent when I get round to getting it done.

I've ordered some J's Racing radiator hoses, stupidly expensive at £300+ VAT but I figured I've gone down the J's route now so might as well get them too.

A few random pics from a recent photo shoot:

DSC_7140.jpg

DSC_6980.jpg

DSC_6965.jpg

DSC_7085.jpg

Very nice, as always. Still jealous of how clean your Spoon calipers look in comparison to mine; I just can't seem to scrub them up well enough. :(

Very nice, as always. Still jealous of how clean your Spoon calipers look in comparison to mine; I just can't seem to scrub them up well enough. :(

Regarding the calipers all I do is spray them with Billbury wheel cleaner and then give them a good jet wash! Maybe its my pads as the Project Mu's dont seem to produce lots of dust.

Mini Update:

J's radiator hoses arrived today (thanks Caroline and Sumopower) had a good look at them and cant see any Samco markings so these must be made by J's and not rebranded Samco's as I first thought:

59f45c83.jpg

33416104.jpg

Other than that still waiting for my Tegiwa Kevlar cooling panel to arrive and I've got some Rays wheels caps on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back