• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 98 spec JDM DC2 (Update 25/04/11)

Hi all, returned to the world of VTEC following a 1 year absence where I had a mad moment and bought a vauxhall astra VXR!

I'd previously had an EP3 tuned to 195 whp and a standard UK DC2 and so the VXR was a bit boring and nowhere near as involving as the 2 Hondas!!!!!!

I'd always fancied a JDM DC2 and when this came up I really couldn't resist!

Hope you like!

1.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

Comments welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a really well kept one from the pictures, i had never really seen one in the flesh until the weekend just gone as i went to the dorset meet, load's of them there. Very cool car's My missus has just added it to the list of car's we are going to get (she wants, not going to get!) list include's EVO, DC5, FD2 :rolleyes: .

Thanks for looking everyone and thanks for the comments :D

I cant tell you how good it feels to be in a Type R again!!!

Just added a sticker :D now I know it wont be everyones cup of tea but being a Transformers fan I thought it was great! Was a birthday prezzie from my best friends too which made it even better :D

Honda Autobots

Photo003.jpg

A smidge over 14 seconds is very impressive indeed. :cool: What tyres/pressures were you running, you seemed to get off the line very cleanly?

A smidge over 14 seconds is very impressive indeed. :cool: What tyres/pressures were you running, you seemed to get off the line very cleanly?

Thanks mate :D

Did two 14.0s and eight 14.1s on the day so very plaesed with the consistency! Got my first 14.0 on the third run of the day too so was really hoping to break into the 13s - Next time hopefully!

I'm running Toyo T1Rs and had them at normal road pressure of 32psi. I didn't get such good traction when I dropped them right down the previous time we went :?:

I was only launching at around 2.5k on most of my runs which seemed to work really well as vtec now comes in at 5k with the spoon ecu!!

Not updated this for a while now so here goes. Been a busy few months

Replaced -

RTA bushes as they were in a rather bad way
Inner/outer steering rack arms
Front/rear stabilizer links
Rear ARB bushes

Fitted -

Energy suspension engine mount inserts (torque mounts were new last year)
Hamp oil filter & changed oil

Lowered rear coil-overs another 10mm so now sits much more level

Had the alignment set

Front

Toe = 0
Camber = -2.0 (not got camber adjusters this is just the way it is with coilovers at current height)

Rear

Toe = -1.75
Camber = -1.5

The steering has so much more feel to it now and turn in is noticeably improved it's really brought the Teg back to life again!!

Everything else looked really good underneath which is a result! I'm sure its been said many times before but replacing worn bushes is worth every penny!

Also given the wiper arms a fresh coat of satin black, had the wheels refurbished and repainted the brake callipers.

The love for the car is at an all time high ATM especially with this beautiful weather :lol: anyways here's a few up to date pics - hope you like and of course comments welcome!

southmimms_7-2.jpg

southmimms_5-1-1.jpg

2011-04-09131311.jpg

And my fav pic of the car

finalprintwhitejpeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The car's looking as great as ever! Loving the last picture, though it's a shame it's a little cut off at the bottom (there's always Photoshop I guess ;))

Where did you have the car suspension setup?

Back