• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My brake nightmare!!! - Brakes replaced still a problem!

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
After this http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7641 my brakes never did the sound again.

Untill I departed for Germany. Now after only 1000 or so more miles this has happened:

Front right (the affected disc):

2d7fd855.jpg

99c395b8.jpg

f876ccad.jpg

e78be1bb.jpg

Front left for comparison:

dc62a1c5.jpg

5559b92c.jpg

b70e620d.jpg

b10ab696.jpg

Well as you can see the front right is shagged. It's metal on metal at the moment.

I've spoken to Dave Povey at ADH Winchester with regards to claiming through warranty (05 with 19000 miles) and he's requested some pictures. I've sent them all off now and I'm hoping that Honda authorise a claim.

He did say that it's happened before when discs have come from the factory sub standard and have suffered premature wear. Fingers crossed I can get it done through the warranty!

(sorry for the size of the pics - photobucket is being very gay)

:shock:

Fook me....I take it that's how the accident happened? I'd be wanting more than just new brakes :evil:

No, the brakes were fine then, it only started getting real bad on Monday in all honesty.

Looks like a seized caliper?

Chris, you would have to replace both discs rather than the buggered one :wink:

A PM to John English could be in order, at Donington last week, he cooked a set of rear pads from new in 2 sessions :shock: He had a chat with a guy in the paddock, they vanished for an hour and he returned with new pads and freshly skimmed discs that worked a treat! 8)

Need to get the car to ADH so they can take the caliper apart and have a closer look to see if I can claim or not. Bad news is that they have no cars to lend me :cry:

Phoning round like a mad man to get a lift back. Not overly keen on driving the car in all honesty either.

clem said:

Fingers crossed then...

ADH can't give me a loan car before May so it looks like my car is of the road for a few weeks :cry:

Right I should be able to get the car to ADH this afternoon. Should know more this evening or tomorrow when Dave Povey is back in work.

I do hope it gets done under warranty.

Right just got back in. They inspected the fronts and the affected pad is bare as and the front left is 80% worn. Dave Povey wasn't in initially so I spoke to the deputy service guy who tried to tell me that due to the fact that there was an aftermarket exhaust and induction kit on the car Honda won't fulfill the warranty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After hmm, how should I say it, putting my case accross he agreed to call the warranty department and at this point Dave finally got in.

He's calling the warranty place tomorrow and seemed quite confident there is enough of a case to have the work carried out since they say it's obvious that the caliper had not been releasing properly. If not it'll cost be around £200 for two new discs and pads :shock:

[-o< [-o< [-o<

Why on earth wouldn't they settle under a warranty claim?

Surely it had nothing to do with the aftermarket bits :?

Just spoke to System R. They're doing a brake upgrade on a 55 plate CTR on Tuesday, and if the discs are in good nick I'll be having them including a new set of Ferrado Pads.

Will be getting them sent to me so I'll be fitting myself. Working out a damn site cheaper then the price from Honda.

Question though, if I do it this way, can it affect the warranty obviously with Honda already knowing there is a problem with the fronts and then all of a sudden they are fixed with no history?

Back