• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My brake nightmare!!! - Brakes replaced still a problem!

MilanoChris said:
Just spoke to System R. They're doing a brake upgrade on a 55 plate CTR on Tuesday, and if the discs are in good nick I'll be having them including a new set of Ferrado Pads.

Will be getting them sent to me so I'll be fitting myself. Working out a damn site cheaper then the price from Honda.

Question though, if I do it this way, can it affect the warranty obviously with Honda already knowing there is a problem with the fronts and then all of a sudden they are fixed with no history?

No as brakes are consumables just like tyres and stuff. Seeing as honda think your problem isn't a warrenty issue then its nothing to do with them where you get you discs and pads from. :wink:

Neily03 said:
MilanoChris said:
Just spoke to System R. They're doing a brake upgrade on a 55 plate CTR on Tuesday, and if the discs are in good nick I'll be having them including a new set of Ferrado Pads.

Will be getting them sent to me so I'll be fitting myself. Working out a damn site cheaper then the price from Honda.

Question though, if I do it this way, can it affect the warranty obviously with Honda already knowing there is a problem with the fronts and then all of a sudden they are fixed with no history?

No as brakes are consumables just like tyres and stuff. Seeing as honda think your problem isn't a warrenty issue then its nothing to do with them where you get you discs and pads from. :wink:

OK that's cool. Are you 100% sure though?

MilanoChris said:

Thats good news Chris.

I wouldn't have thought it would affect the warranty though as they are standard parts. Just get a receipt from System R for the parts and then surely thats ok. Just because they weren't fitted at a garage then that shouldn't be a problem :?

MilanoChris said:
Neily03 said:
MilanoChris said:

OK that's cool. Are you 100% sure though?

No, thats all imo, but what else can you do?? They won't replace them under warrenty so you need to fit new ones. Its upto you where you get them....

Friendy said:
I still have a spare set of std calipers kicking around if its any help.

If he needs them mate.. Not sure if he does, However if your in the SYS R vicinity on Friday or before and he does need them I could collect. :D

Friendy said:

ADH didn't mention the calipers mate so I presume they are fine.

Decided against the Ferrado pads now. Getting some OEM pads of Tom at TGM and the used discs second hand from System R.

Any hints or tips with regards to fitting?

MilanoChris said:
Decided against the Ferrado pads now. Getting some OEM pads of Tom at TGM and the used discs second hand from System R.

Any hints or tips with regards to fitting?

If i were to change my pads again i'd get a brake caliper piston winde back tool thingy. :wink:

Friendy said:
MilanoChris said:
Friendy said:

ADH didn't mention the calipers mate so I presume they are fine.

No worries thought I read that your caliper was sticking.

Unless it's the dealer talking BS. They told me it had happened due to a build up of brake dust.

Dotty, rockingham is where you drove me to GT Battle.

Its the trackday show there

Double checked with Dave today, and he says that the calipers are fine 8)

Chris - you didn't mention why they rejected the repair under warranty?

or am i being thick and missed it?

Back