• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic Grey/Carbon Spoilered/Matt Black wheeled McPremier

y0!

Right, thought it was about time I posted up some pics and progress of my Prem.

Picked it up as a cheap trade in at a dealership I do some work for.

Its an 05/55 with 60k on the clock and so far, i'm very impressed with it!

Here it is sat waiting for me to collect it...

Civic.jpg

And when I got her home...

Civic012.jpg

Civic013.jpg

Since owning the car i've...

Fitted some wind deflectors (Heco ones, i'm not gonna loose any sleep over them not being JDM!)
Refurbished the alloys in Mattallic3 (Very, very dark metallic grey with matt laquar) and fitted some "R" stickers on the centre caps. Before you say, my mind isn't made up on them either! May have to be changed to H's!

Civic007.jpg

Civic008.jpg

Civic031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got the car back from TGM where they fitted some Stop Tech pads, changed the brake fluid, did the tracking and fitted some Eibach springs!

Have to say it rides and handles alot nicer on the springs, looks better too and also stops much better with the new pads - obviously they need properly bedding in!

Also got bored and fitted my carbon fibre spoiler this afternoon

Civic001.jpg

Civic002.jpg

Civic004.jpg

Old spoiler off.... Euro looks :S

Civic019.jpg

Taped the spoiler in place as I was doing it on my own!

Civic022.jpg

Boom! Fitted! Well impressed with how it looks and the fitting is like 95% perfect!

Civic023.jpg

Civic025.jpg

Civic026.jpg

Civic032.jpg

Plenty of plans to come...

Carbon Bonnet (the one with the two small vents - "MF Style")
New Head unit
HIDs
Some decent rubber
Wheel spacers - 5mm ish
Maybe a new set of rims - Rota Grids or Force
DC Sports system
An induction kit of some sorts
Maybe strip the back seats out

That'll do for now!

:D

Todays update...

Decided to have a lazy afternoon and come home from work at about 2:30 to do some paperwork and got back to be greeted by this...

IMAG0847.jpg

My Toyo TR1s in 215/40/17 :D

Thats paperwork out the window...

That is actually where the postie left them, well done with that one! In view of everyone!

Took them down to Hi-Q (Other tyre fitting establishments establishments are available!) and a bit of cash later they were fitted...

Got them home and fitted some 5mm spacers on the rear as I forgot to take them with me.

IMAG0849.jpg

Ignor the fact that its sitting so high, only just came off the jack.

Took it for a quick spin, handles much better that before on the Bridgestones/Khumos.

Finally, best mod of the day...

IMAG0850.jpg

New Car Scent = Win.

On a personal achievment note, I mowed the lawn, strimmed the edges and fixed the leak on the pond filter - silicone sealant FTMFW!

Looks smart. I dont mind the "R"s. Although you must have just stuck them on to get them to sit perfect :lol:

Civic032.jpg

Quick mini update on project Prem...

New (old) headunit. Finally fitted my Pioneer thingy that i've had in the garage for over a year now! Got iPod connectivity and Bluetooth hands free for safe motoring!

Out with the old...

aug1024.jpg

Handy tool!

aug1025.jpg

In with the new (old)

aug1026.jpg

Bit of Incubus to try it out :D

aug1028.jpg

Whilst it was out I fitted a new gear gaitor in Alcantara, looks much better now!

aug1027.jpg

And tightened up the handbrake!

aug1029.jpg

Note: Don't drop spanners down inside the centre console, they're a pain in the arse to get out, especially if you've got big dumb hands like me!

Also, need to change the gear knob but don't know what to go for, answers and suggestions on a postcard please!

Looking good so far mate. As far as Gear Knobs go, the Skunk2 Racing ones are nice and have a heavy weight to them, i personally had the Buddy Club Type A, also known as the golf ball, i loved it, it feels really nice in your hand and is good at resisting the sun so no palm burn when you first get in :lol: Spoon Ti ones are nice, but can be a joke cost wise.

Nice going there fella, liking the spoiler :D

I've got a mugen gearknob on my cosmic and it feels ten times better over the stock one, like the spoon ti ones, a bit pricey though new.

Keep up the good work :D

Very nice man.

The Mugen style Wing in CF would look even better than the OEM style, which looks lovely nonetheless.

Keep up the progress.

Boom, back from the 'ring!

Managed to get in a few sub 10min laps.

Was very impressed with the Civic! Did the job more than nicely! Think that suspension and tyre choice worked well.

The stop-tech pads (or whatever TGM put on) really weren't up to the task of the ring.
Braided lines and maybe Brembos will have to be on the cards me thinks, aiming for 9:30 or quicker next year.

_0781534.jpg

_0781532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is potentially up for grabs due to lack of use and lack of space at home. If anyones interested, PM me an offer. X

Back