• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Hi all, heres my Recent Purchase

2005 Cosmic grey Premier Edition Honda Civic Type R , 93000 miles , FSH

its been well looked after, 3 owner from new, Never been modded in anyway. I plan to keep that theme going and just keep it maintained and well serviced. It also has a bluetooth system fitted with receipt from Honda back in 2007 for £350

Since I've owned it:

New Rear Discs and pads
New rear drop Links
New Yokohama Blue Earth Tyres all Round - Being Fitted Friday
sorted the vibrations/rattles - Drive shaft shield, I-VTEC shield

Plans for the near future :

New front discs and pads
Fresh Service
Wheels Refurbed
Brake fluid and gearbox oil change.
Headlight Restoration ( 3M Kit ordered )
Aircon Re-gas

heres a few pics, also some before and after of the engine bay which I've done today

engine bay before and after

After

Will spend some more time when i get some decent Products to get polishing and cleaning. Thanks all

Thank you, Yea i believe so on the rear lights, had two mature owners before me who weren't really into the modded scene so i think they are.

Nor me, just looked on google and there standard. might photoshop some other standard ones in to see how it looks

Thanks all . Decided to restore the gear knob today as it was a little faded . Didn't come out to bad at all

Gear knob looks great,

As for the lights they used those style lights on all facelift models, prefacelift models come with the all red rear lights.
Wouldn't worry about them :)

Nice looking car there!

It's a Bluetooth system . All built in to the stereo/speakers , genuine honda kit fitted by them with recipect for £350 , was done back in 2007/8, works really well

and thank you has come up well and feels better as you can't feel the little scratches , might get a few off eBay and do a few more

Had four new Yokohama Blue earths fitted today, they sit in a little on the rim but as for road noise there excellent. Looking forward to testing them out , shiney Gear knob also refitted

Heres how the tyre sits on the Rim

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to test out the 3m Headlight Restore kit as the Lights needed some love , heres how them came out after four hours worth of Work.

Before :

During :

After :

really Pleased with the results , £16 well spent

Massive difference on the lights and for £16 not bad. Think mine need some TLC.. they look like they're misted up.

First real clean since ownership, Mequiars Nxt Gen Shampoo, Mequiars ultimate polish, then some Mequiars Tyre Gel

Few Bits on order and quotes.

Refurb the wheels and change colour £180 , or keep standard colour for £150 so desicion to be made there
getting front windows slightly tinted black to match it all up. ( Brother Works for a Tint Place )

fitted the recline lever on the Recaros today off eBay , Great fit and looks spot on, passenger one was missing for some reason

Ordered:

Shell Helix 5w40 fully synthetic 5L
Hamp Oil filter , Sump plug washer
Tegiwa Reservoir Socks
Just won some iridium NGK 6988 spark plugs on eBay for £20 posted, seemed a bargain
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331527166007?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
they have the same code as on Tegiwa site so I'm hoping there right

Things to do:

Get the car detailed or Mopped or even give it a go myself with some decent polishes and waxes to remove minor marks and make it look like new again.
Change the rear lights for pre-facelift ( Think they look better than facelift ones on cosmic greys )
New front discs and pads
Gearbox oil change
order an air filter
Air con re-gassed

Service done yesterday and Went Fairly Smooth, Oil, Filters plugs and so on were all Simple
Then came the fun, both front drop links were hard to get off due to rust but got there in the end, new pads and discs on the front all went well until i noticed the bottom slider on both Carriers was Sticking. New Sliders boots and bolts orderd from Honda this morning so a few days before its all back on the road.
Also Flushed the Washer fluid out as it had a slight smell, Rished through a few times before refilling with almost neat apple Fluid. Smells miles better now:lol:

Gearbox oil and Genuine Air Filter Arrived Yesterday while Servicing so when the other bits arrive I'm going to rebuild the brakes and Paint and do the Gearbox oil.

Thanks Tegiwa Imports and CoxmotorParts for a Great Service on the Parts Orderd

Looking nice mate, be careful of those tires when you get your rims done, had mine powder coated anthracite but Falken tires fit the same and they don't protect the rim at all... I know from experience :noseblow:

Your recline lever would of gone the same as every other 30th anniversary and premier edition with those seats, they are just right for being kicked and snapped from rear passengers grrrr..... been there too lol

Back