• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my CW 96spec teg build - dslr pics added

Cleaned the teg today so took a few snaps no fancy location or anything lol literally just finished cleaning her :)

DSC_2666.jpg

DSC_2665.jpg

DSC_2652.jpg

DSC_2626.jpg

So with JAE fast approaching it was time to get the teg ready as theres been a few niggly bits that have been annoying me for a while now, first up was getting the calipers rebuilt as id warped a few sets of disks, got the rebuild kits from simauto super quick delivery as always and the retaining clips from honda. Next up was to clean my J's racing filter as it was looking really dirty and do an oil change, forgot to take a picture after i cleaned the air filter it but it made such a difference having fresh oil and a clean filter

IMAG0287.jpg

Ever since getting the car back from the bodyshop the hid ballasts had just been left in the bay and been bugging me for ages plus my windscreen washer bottle had some how started leaking all the fluid out so thought id attack those 2 things today.

Before i started just moved the ballast out for picture purpose lol

IMAG0291.jpg

during the process, mounted them to the underside of the bumper bar

IMAG0292.jpg

both out the way (I cabletied them down for now and used a little electrical tape tempory fix)

IMAG0293.jpg

One with the lip off going back together ( look very odd with no lip)

IMAG0294.jpg

All back together

IMAG0295.jpg

Got some more oem brembo disks to go on the front due to these ones being warped, my rebuilt oem shafts are going back on tomorrow to replace the shoddy J & R shafts that are very unbalanced, then having 1 degree of negative camber added to the front and then 4 wheel tracking. All getting done tomorrow everything going to plan lol

Oh and won a 6two1 sticker on facebook the other day so put that on my rear side window

IMAG0285.jpg

So clearly my teg doesnt want to go to JAE as saturday my clutch decided to **** itself
frown.gif
hopefully i can get it sorted before JAE but im really not holding out any hope of it being done in time. Im gonna order an oem clutch from Si at Hendy performance as he assures me it will be here Tuesday and then hopefully on the ramps wednesday to be fitted all going to plan

Hope you get it all sorted Dave so much effort been put into this since getting it back on the road last year it's looking stunning.

Would of loved a trip up JAE but have a wedding on the weekend, all the best to the islanders making the trip.

So been a while since update this done a fair bit recently

New tyres, light seals, got it all cleaned up for JAE which was an awesome weekend!! Then decided to hide the hid ballast behind the bumper as they had been annoying me and also rebuilt the calipers

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

retrimmed the old worn doorcards

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

DSC_2984.jpg

bought a rear diffuser

IMAG0333.jpg

Cleaned it all up for Mimms
DSC_2980.jpg

DSC_2985.jpg

Rolling shot on the way to Mimms

tegrollingshot.jpg

Then when i got back it was time to get the rear arches undersealed
before

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

after

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

Then my splitter took a knock of a stupid kerb :( its currently in the bodyshop awaiting to be painted

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

And finally got the diffuser fitted on Sunday, really happy with it. Pics are pretty rubbish will get some better soon

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

and thats pretty much back up to date for the time being :)

Re: my CW 96spec teg build - updates inc diffuser 22/10/12

Very nice. Good work on the door cards and the diffuser looks :cool:

Car looks awesome buddy, I was on your stand at JAE in the black EP3...Loving your car, diffuser looks quality!

I like your car :)

That's a rarity by the way! Very clean & the right side of modified/cool.

PS.... how rubbish are those halfrauds tool boxes?! Literally, I made a better quality one in my apprenticeship :lol: (I still own 2 halfrauds boxes :\ )

Thanks for all the good comments guys :) Im selling the dc5 mugen wing as i really want a dc2 mugen gen 2 wing :)

Car looks awesome buddy, I was on your stand at JAE in the black EP3...Loving your car, diffuser looks quality!

Alright dude hows it going? Car looked immaculate at JAE!!

I like your car :)

That's a rarity by the way! Very clean & the right side of modified/cool.

PS.... how rubbish are those halfrauds tool boxes?! Literally, I made a better quality one in my apprenticeship :lol: (I still own 2 halfrauds boxes :\ )

Thankyou your too kind :) As for the halfrauds box's they really are rubbish lol

Teg looks great mate makes me miss mine lol

Thanks mate shes slowly getting there got big plans for next year :)

Yeah good thanks mate! and cheers buddy, I'm starting to mod it now so will be all ready for next years JAE :p loving the Teg still!

Yeah good thanks mate! and cheers buddy, I'm starting to mod it now so will be all ready for next years JAE :p loving the Teg still!

Ah awesome, whats the plans for it? Ive been really tempted to sell/swap the dc2 for an ep3 just havent come across one that stands out enough for me to actually let the teg go lol so i expect i'll keep her and carry on modding her :)

Ah awesome, whats the plans for it? Ive been really tempted to sell/swap the dc2 for an ep3 just havent come across one that stands out enough for me to actually let the teg go lol so i expect i'll keep her and carry on modding her :)

Nooooo don't sell it! well I'm going to order my Gruppe M induction tomorrow, then get a supersprint B-pipe, then just lower it and probably spray the wheels like a dark bronzey colour :) then will just be little touch up bits!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nooooo don't sell it! well I'm going to order my Gruppe M induction tomorrow, then get a supersprint B-pipe, then just lower it and probably spray the wheels like a dark bronzey colour :) then will just be little touch up bits!

I don't really want to sell it but to be honest it is really wasted as i only use to go to work and back. I'm not sure I could bring myself to part with it though may just get myself a daily after Xmas. Plans sound good man should have changed a lot by JAE next year then! :)

Back