• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CW DC5 (formerly spoon theme)

Ok, I have been thinking of ways that i can modify the DC5, I have been looking at spacemonkeys and I have to say its a darling of a car!! If I was on the market for a DC5 when Livvy and Paul were selling I would have snapped it up.

Comparing it to Andy Ds Mugen'd Teg (although also a stunning DC5) I do like the look of the SM's...

So bit by bit I think I will be buying spoon parts, probably via online means when I am over in Iraq :oops:

It will be nice to come home to lots of mods to stick on (get someone to stick on) :twisted:

So if any of you have any spoon bits and bobs you may be selling then dont be shy. The forum vulture awaits :twisted:

dont tell Emma either :oops:

Why not be a little more unique Stu? Go for a J's Racing theme :twisted:

Loads of people have Spoon and Mugen parts, but J's stuff (bar the strut braces & ETD's) is still rare. They do all sorts of parts, bonnets, spoilers, brakes, suspension, exhausts & even their very own cam cover.... 8)

Yeah I was looking at the J's theme earlier..

Infact this morning I very nearly ordered a J's racing Tie bar from unit 8!

Problem with that Stu is you'll be on the spoon manifold/echaust route too.......and thats noisy :lol:

Was rempted to go the mugen route with mine - but really don't car too much :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:
Problem with that Stu is you'll be on the spoon manifold/echaust route too.......and thats noisy :lol:

Was rempted to go the mugen route with mine - but really don't car too much :lol:

Spoon stuff is cheaper than Mugen too without too much difference in performance imo.

The only thing you should avoid is running a 4-2, 2-1, B-pipe & N1...you'll go deaf, but would sound evil :twisted: (Had thought about it tbh)

You could just do as I'm doing & trying to keep engine & suspension mods etc as Spoon & then buying whatever fits the bill elsewhere.

Thanks for the comments btw :wink:

I am a full on Spoon whore myself! I am gonna add a Spoon ETD to my collection soon.

Some bits are just way overpriced to, like the Spoon HT leads and earth kit.

But I think I am gonna go fro a Fujitsubo manifold and cat back system to keep the volume down a bit.

Gunn79 said:
I am a full on Spoon whore myself! I am gonna add a Spoon ETD to my collection soon.

But I think I am gonna go fro a Fujitsubo manifold and cat back system to keep the volume down a bit.

Where did you see a Fujitsubo mani?

Harvey said:
Gunn79 said:

Where did you see a Fujitsubo mani?

Performance Solution are doing another group buy discounts on Fujitsubo parts;

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=253532&highlight=#253532

On the ITR-DC2 site they list a manifold for the DC2, as seen here;

Super EX manifold £550.93 inc VAT (GB price).

http://www.performance-solution.co.uk/default.html?lang=en-uk&target=d145.html

I dont think they list one for the DC5/EP3.

I don't beleive in buying just one brand for my car, I'd rather get what is best and will work.

Saying that most of my mods are Mugen

Stu, all the stuff is boxed up. I apologise that they arent that clean (the socks more so) but I had to rush it all off to get it in the post tomorrow. Hope you like the purchase and I await the cheque :D

Please take care of them, Natalie bought them all for me as presents :(

I can confirm that Spoon 4-2 2-1 and B-pipe and N1 is very very loud on the DC5.
Had the same setup on my CTR and it wasn't too bad but for some reason it is louder on the DC5. Too loud for me anyway.
Got full Toda mani/zorst now and it is not much louder than standard.

It begins..

Minor but still spoon..

In the last week I have bought:

:arrow: Spoon res covers

:arrow: Spoon oil/rad cap (and an oil cap for Emma)

:arrow: Spoon Ti gear knob

:arrow: Spoon carbon fibre spark plug cover.

Possibly getting some spoon progressives shortly too.. :lol:

Back