• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

mmm polybushes.

Did you lose interest for a while or something rodan..? Seem to remember you thinking of changing cars but now you're full steam ahead again.

I did that...

Yeah I think I did really.

Car cover a lot of miles with me in the first year and was beginning to get tired. Mostly my fault as I was using it but not really looking after it.

This year it's had a full service, new engine mounts, camber kit, clutch, replaced the gearbox oil and a ton of other small bits and bobs here and there. Most of that I've managed to get done without charge due to my new place owing me money from the beginning. Probably £2000 worth of bills this year on basic servicing and bits, let alone trick bits I've bought.

I think with it gradually getting more and more tired I kind of forgot how good it could be. Then that makes you focus more on the problems it gives you rather than the good bits.

Everything I've had done this year though has now got it to a stage where it's better than even when I bought it and I've totally fallen in love with it again.

I'm glad it's happened this way tbh because a few months back I was very very close to letting it go.

My plan now is to keep it for another few years and then maybe get a late DC5. And keep the DC2 garaged and start a full rebuild.

Great to hear that G, I think you managed to avoid the trap lots of owners get stuck in.

DC5 ftw ;)

General wear and tear can be a killer to something as edgy as a type r imo and can ruin the drive of the car massively...but when everything works perfectly it all makes sense again. My car was only on 75k or so when I went through everything, clutch/flywheel/brakes/suspension/bushes/interior/all fluids obv. and much more...it was like a brand new car again, couldn't stop driving it. Now it's fcuked again....lolz

Not sure it will fit on yours actually.. Beaks tie bar for a DC5/EP3 (pic on the last page of my car thread)

Haters-Gonna-Hate-10.jpg

Haters are going to go inside out with rage at the following, they have arrived. And are absolutely luscious.

IMG_2301.jpg

Back