• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC5 Integra Type R (Update Pg.3 13/04/08)

Sorry for all the whoring, new car excitement and all! :lol:

I picked the car up from Torque GT (only 30 mins from me 8) ) last Friday, and have been enjoying putting 250 miles on the clock to date, even in the recent terrible weather we have been experiencing. Big thumbs up and a thankyou for the service received from the team at Torque Imports, they were a pleasure to deal with.

The car is a December 2002 non-C pack (I love the wiper-less look :lol: ) with 22,000 miles.

The car came over from Japan with some tasty aftermarket parts;

- 17" Work Emotion alloys (8" wide fronts and 7" wide rears).

- Bilstein coilovers

- RIGID front upper strut brace

- Mr. Alex engine mount set

- Aftermarket 1.5 LSD

And a few other little bits, but no stereo as of yet (has a blocking plate).

Just gave the car its first wash today, so took the opportunity to get a few pics in the poor light!

Before;

DSC01788.jpg

New alloy wheel inspection and cleaning technique :lol:

DSC01790.jpg

During;

DSC01797.jpg

Afters;

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

With the last few days driving, the DC5 is proving to be a worthy replacement for my old DC2. I just wish I could have kept them both 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool: Nice mate, loving the wheels - and yep its almost a twin car with me.
Good job on the cleaning there, will need to get my finger out too. You buy the cleaning stuff online?

:cool: Nice mate, loving the wheels - and yep its almost a twin car with me.
Good job on the cleaning there, will need to get my finger out too. You buy the cleaning stuff online?

Yeah - Bought online from the various retailers advertised on Detailing World :cool:

hey gunn.

congrats on the dc5. i recall you didnt have the DC2 long, which is interesting as you usually keep cars quite a while before moving on. i guess you wanted to sell it while it was still mint and in tip top to get as much as possible.

looks very nice indeed, alloys work well. my only thoughts are ditch the sticker below the mirror, but i prefer the standard look and that is personal preference.

you were looking at getting a landy for the lanes, but i see you went the other way on that :D:D

DC5 is a car i would sincerely love to own in the next couple of years before they start getting tatty and i dont like the facelift ones. problem is with owning a property in the SE on an average salary one simply cannot afford it which is gay.

What mixture, Hyper to Snow?

I usually put 1 pump of Hyperwash, and fill to about 2cm with the snow foam. Probably a bit of overkill with the Hyperwash due to its dilution rate, but I generally foam the car twice, using the lance at quite a high setting.

I will have to update this soon, as I have been buying a few bits and bobs for the Teg :cool:

Small update to where my DC5 stands now;

- In January I visited TGM and had front and rear camber adjusters fitted and a fast road set up, along with an oil change - Great service from Tom and the team as always.

- At the end of January I had my 25,000 mile service, carried out by Rowes Honda, Plymouh, who I have had good service from over the last 4 years. This also included a gearbox oil change (Amsoil MTF used on the advice of Opie Oils).

- I carried out the Hondata airbox mod, retaining the OE filter.

- I picked up an ARC Titanium gear and fitted;

P1000226.jpg

- I had a set of 4 new tyres, Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45/17. There is a slight stretch on the 8" wheel, but not too much. I have used these tyres before, and I am bery happy with them.

- In February I paid a visit to Powerstation, and had my old Bilstein coilovers removed, and a set of AST coilovers supplied, fitted and set up (pic courtesy of G as I did not get any of mine);

ynxdog.jpg

These feature 12 clicks of damping adjustment, as well as ride height. The front ones are inverted, so adjustment to damping is made from below the car.

Reasons I changed for the AST's, was that I wanted a set up that was more suited to the road, especially the roads around South West Devon where I live. The Bilsteins were good, but much more of a track set up, with very high spring rates. Having driven on the AST's for a couple of weeks now, I am very pleased.

Car is very complient over the bumps and varying surfaces, and 'skips' a lot less than the old Bilstein set up. The set up that Curtis at Powerstation gave me is exactly what I wanted.

I cannot recommend Powerstation enough, very personal, thorough and great service. They carry out a lot of set ups on various levels of Honda's, from road to race cars, so they are well worth considering.

- In February I picked up a cat back exhaust system from a local DC5 owner. Its a 5zigen Border mild steel system, with a stainless back box. I gave it a clean up and fresh coat of VHT paint. This should hopefully be fitted this week coming. I imagine it will be fairly loud, judging by the straight through design and small backbox.

P1000182.jpg

- I received a Carbing rear upper strut brace ordered from Bazza at VTEC Direct, awesome service and highly recommended;

P1000165.jpg

P1000172.jpg

- Then today, as the car had been neglected for a couple of weeks, I gave it a thorough wash, including cleaning the engine bay. This was finished off with a sealant followed by a wax. No photos tho. Once finished I set about stripping the rear of the car out. I was pleased at how simple it was, all came out much easier than on my old DC2. Just the basics for now, as I don't fancy removing all the interior plastics, roof lining and carpet just yet.

P1000222.jpg

P1000233.jpg

- So next up, I am awaiting some Spoon drivers and passenger lowered seat rails bought from a fellow DC5 member.

Also as the rear is now stripped, I will be looking to get a propper 4 point harness (wish I hadn't sold my old Willans harnesses now!)

Think thats it for now. Cheers.

Superb m8, looking very tight. Welcome to the AST club, I am still very happy with mine now I have had them on for 8 months or so. I am happy your thoughts seem to be very much the same of mine. Oh and the pic was taken by Hasnic :D

If it is a nice day tomoz I may give mine a good clean as well. :D Gawd knows it needs it. Especially under the bonnet.

Simply awesome mate. Very jealous :cool:

I clean my car nearly everyday (No joke) but it just never feels clean enough :lol: Yours on the other hand looks immaculate. Would love to see it in real life sometime.

Your new purchase will look great crossing in the back :cool:

Back