• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EK4

I don't really know where to start.. as this has been a bit of an eye-opening build...

But I own an EK4 now...

I'll post back with updates. It's just under-going some mad overhaul work ATM.. I've got a notorious B18C from a 96-spec ITR, which I'm carrying out prep work for, before I look to fit.

Enjoying the build, as I'm doing the over-haul/B-swap myself. This is going to read like sh!t, so I won't go into reams... but here's a few pics:
20120702_135815-1.jpg
20120627_194733.jpg
20120623_170806.jpg
Blog4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate with matte black EK9 has B18C complete tuned running 240bhp. :D

Nice car by the way mate, I would love to own one of those!

Cheers... both are on the car.. Polished on the rear - the blue ones on the fron (MOT purposes lol)

:lol: MOT purposes, amount of times I have done that. I like both sets of alloys, just the first ones suit the car more.

MOAR details on this engine please.

Basically, a friend of mine is breaking a 96-spec JDM DC2...

For some reason, possibly because the 96-spec engines were hand-built and so out-puts whilst similar do vary, this particular B18C has a reputation for being a bit more potent. It's set up with a few bolt-ons, but ultimately it's a stock block.

I don't really want to go into 'legend has it', 'wives tales' and war stories about 'so and so at that tuner said this" and "I remember this power-plant destroying a similar 96-spec" and "I remember that car destroying so and so's 98-spec" and so and so's ITR struggled to keep pace... suffice to say, everyone that I speak to about it.. knows the engine.. and a lot of people seem to know it for being a bit freak...

Don't get me wrong it's not some 300bhp B18C... but it's extremely healthy and seemingly quicker than many other. It comes with the 4.4FD, brand new synchros, LSD box, drive-shafts etc. etc.

Can't wait to get my mitts on it TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need tow hook with dangly bits on the back, loads of stickers on back window and basball cap on to the side.

Then sit at south mimms.

You need tow hook with dangly bits on the back, loads of stickers on back window and basball cap on to the side.

Then sit at south mimms.

Mate! Stop it, you're killing me.

But what is up with people hanging teddies off their rears?

Did my rear trailing arms today... by no means the hardest job to do in the world, but by no means the easiest either. Good practice for when I eventually go 5-stud.

Chuffed.. as my RTA's were the worst.

I picked up these practically new, re-bushed, RTA's for a billy bargain..

Also managed to get my Limited Edition, teflon-coated Function 7 LCA's fitted at the same time.

Old RTA's:

20120712_191546.jpg

20120712_191414.jpg

New RTA's:

20120712_190939.jpg

Function 7's:

2012-06-13144042-1.jpg

Sadly, it got too late and too dark to take completed pics.. but happy with the result nevertheless :D

Ah, an expert at rebushing. Fancy doing the Teg for me? :D

Looks awesome mate, be great to see a B18 in there as you're planning. Keep the updates coming.

Good to have you back chap.

awaits pictures of living room filled with boxes; Mugen, ARC, J's :lol:

looking forward to the progress :)

Back