• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3 Civic Type R

my interior pretty similar to nicks (minus the dc5 pedals and AE recaros not premier ones) jdm mats are a must, starter button is :cool: (pricey i payed same as nick £50 inc carbon surround) but i still use mine even after 6 months, kinda habit now :lol:. next on my shopping list interior wise is the dc5 pedals though for sure, they look sweet!

First BIG spend was on a Gruppe M Induction kit, brand new, sourced from member xp02ed, top bloke! done me a great price, and got it to me from japan within 5 working days. I had a read up on the guides already posted on modding the existing scuttle panel, bought the equipment needed and done the mod myself. Took a bit of fiddling over a couple of days to stop all rattles etc, but i was well impressed with the kit :twisted:
Comes highly recommended to anyone considering getting one!!

Kinda used to it now though, just the 'normal' sound of the car :rolleyes:

006.jpg

A few days later, the sfs hose :cool:

012.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Then, i came across a used blitz nur spec system from another forum member, but once fitted, was no louder than stock and had some slight rattle noise at specific points in the rpm range :confused:

Was slightly dissapointed until i got my brother, top man, to make a jig for it and cut the silencer-box out of the centre pipe and replace it with a piece of straight through stainless. Another friend done a superb job on the welds! :D (havent got a photo of this)

Total transformation, no rattles and a lovely rumble to the car! :twisted:

Since putting this on, i have left it on the car purely because it was exactly what i was after - a system not too loud, droney or expensive.
But as you know, there is always room for improvement......... :smt047

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

When i got a sunny day, i rubbed down, cleaned and painted the calipers. Red of course! Gave them all two coats of high temp paint specially sourced from halfrauds :lol:

Well worth 3 hours of my time and a tenner for paint and materials.

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
gruppe M :twisted:. The painted calipers look really good as usual. It's a good little cheap mod to improve the look.

For my next big spender was the interior from a premier, those all so lovely Recaros and the red carpet. Got these from a breakers up north, the chap was as good as gold, even had them delivered to my door in person.

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

020.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

Battery tie from james - JMR, superb piece of kit, hes done a lovely job on these, if you aint got one, you should be geting one! :cool:

001-4.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

wow, nice job fella!!!!! Seeing threads like this make think Fu<k it i should just break the bank and get a GM etc to hell with the money!! Car looks sweet :twisted:

you seem to have done alot in like 4/5 months, you must have a big budget lol, you got any plans next for it?
and where did you say you got the tie bar from for the battery and how much are they going for?

Excellent work. :D

Ever considered a carbon bonnet/wing?

It works well with silver.. 8)

Check out my old Satin :

DSC02549.jpg

Excellent work. :D

Ever considered a carbon bonnet/wing?

It works well with silver.. 8)

Check out my old Satin :

DSC02549.jpg

Yes dotty, these are the only things i would consider to the exterior! :twisted:
CF Looks ace on the satin!
What makes were these parts? and roughly how much? i do like the vented bonnets!
Seen a few different cf bonnets between £300 - £450, plus a while back, watched a used siebon cf rear wing on ebay go for over £300! wish id bought! :rolleyes:

Satin + Carbon looks awesome.

You've done some excellent work here mate.

:)

you seem to have done alot in like 4/5 months, you must have a big budget lol, you got any plans next for it?
and where did you say you got the tie bar from for the battery and how much are they going for?

Just really keen at the moment mate! always been a guy that believes in doing things properly and using the best money can buy, kinda learnt that from raing MX, you just cant do it half heartedly!

I dont wanna get sucked in too much (although i feel i already am!:twisted:) with modding. engine wise, i dont wanna do alot as i want a newish sti impreza next year! - being partly to blame, but you never know! :smt047

I little like mods such as engine bling - CF mani and plug covers, Earthing kits (fitted the other day, pics to follow!) j's racing strut braces and etd's, mugen/spoon oil and rad caps, all common mods but effective imo :cool:

All the above are on my to do list, aswell as jdm mats, all round window tints and the alpine (ipod only) head unit.

I think the furthest i would take it is a top of the range zorst system, race header too and k100, although i havent properly looked into it yet. am down south so would need to find a reputable tuner to do some work for me. Am very fussy about monkeys touching my cars! lessons learnt from past experiances :evil:

Have also noticed on other posts that the recommendation for a FRSU is high! would have to find out what this involves and hom much!?

However, currently loving the honda ownership! just like all my previous bikes, HONDA - FTW!

Looks awesome dude! 8)

Just sourced a full Premier interior for £700 in Brum, so I'll be off to get that tomorrow :twisted:

A busy weekend ahead:)

Back