• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Successful trip to TDi this morning. Turns out the contacts on the injectors have corroded a tiny bit, just enough to stop the current. All cleaned up now and running sweet as a nut.

Cheers man. :) Just read through your thread, nice car :)

Update, fitted the Buddyclub Short Shifter, make a massive difference in gearstick throw, I would say its over 50% shorter now. Feels nice and stiff too.

Bad news though. I havent used it for a few weeks because of the constant rain, been out every couple of days to turn it over and get it warm. Anyway, just been to school to pick the boy up and its running like a bag of *****, lots of smoke too.

TDi North in the morning.

Good to see you went with the BC shifter, far better product IMO.

Yeah, I found a Brand new one on ebay, thought they has stopped making them, so I was made up. Destroyed my hands getting the old shifter out, but its definitely worth it. Feels solid, feels heavier than the OEM but I prefer it like this. The reduction in throw is excellent, like I said its got to be less than half than OEM.

Thanks for recommending it

Gave the Civic a clean and a Tcut today, quite pleased with the results.

With the Tcut.

302369_10151969210265335_120975126_n.jpg

Finished results.

527232_10151969421345335_1521518317_n.jpg

388013_10151969424560335_1120268239_n.jpg

378360_10151969420825335_853533819_n.jpg

376805_10151969431915335_245318588_n.jpg

Tomorrow I will get the inside cleaned and hoovered.

Looking good buddy, it looks really stealthy with the sprayed intercooler and love those rear spoilers too :)

Cheers man, right arm is dead after the Tcut though. Yeah the intercooler isn't as noticeable now.

The Mugen wings look spot on. Thinking of turning mine upside down for the pod.

Haha I had the same problem Friday arms were killing me after polishing the thing.

The subtle exterior mods wouldnt make you guess theres 400+bhp/300lbft under the bonnet until you planted your foot and disappear haha

Yeah it still hold an element of stealth. Had a few problems with so called faster cars who just wont be beaten, a few moments of amazement on motorways, especially a SLK the other day who undertook me and another car in the slow lane just to get back infront, even though I wasn't actually playing.

Some drivers cant take being overtaken even if it means driving like a p***k, probably was all smug with himself unbeknown what would have happened if you had planted the throttle :)
Actually happened to me earlier tonight went out for a quick drive with the weather being good, coming back along the dual carriage way near my house and a guy in a saxo vtr pulls up alongside trying to have a go, I just gave him a cheesy grin and let him carry on haha

Yeah i know what you mean. I dont race, I just go from 0 to the speed limit quickly, wouldn't even say Im going that quickly, but Im usually 4 or 5 car lengths in front by the time I reach the legal limit, then I cruise along at the limit.

Most of the time the other car has heard me dropping boost so know not to bother, but you get the knobs who are just idiots and want to try. It not worth loosing your licence over.

I would love to see what my top speed is, at the pod Im hitting 120ish mph at the top of 4th, but I doubt there is anywhere where I could do a high speed run.

The torque figure on your car is mind boggling (pretty much double mine) so no wonder it leaves near enough any road car trailling without really trying hahasS

Someone with a bit of tuning knowledge will probably pick up that you are running something special by dropping boost and could just about spot the intercooler to put them off anyway but you normally find its an idiot in his 1.2/1.4L who wants to look billy big balls, normally I just let them carry on as like you generally try and keep to the limits since getting caught speeding in March but I let this MGZR have it the other week who was trying to show off.

Is there anywhere that lets you go to test the top speed of your car like one of those oval banked test circuits that you sometimes see on the tele

The torque figure on your car is mind boggling (pretty much double mine) so no wonder it leaves near enough any road car trailling without really trying hahasS

Someone with a bit of tuning knowledge will probably pick up that you are running something special by dropping boost and could just about spot the intercooler to put them off anyway but you normally find its an idiot in his 1.2/1.4L who wants to look billy big balls, normally I just let them carry on as like you generally try and keep to the limits since getting caught speeding in March but I let this MGZR have it the other week who was trying to show off.

Is there anywhere that lets you go to test the top speed of your car like one of those oval banked test circuits that you sometimes see on the tele

A lot of people have said Elvington, but I havent got round to making the call. I will wait till I get my new block in and then make some serious enquiries.

Brunters, Tom.

Failing that, M25 @ 3AM :D

Do you know, Ive often thought about the M58 at 3am, but the problem I have is my speedo is out by a quite considerable amount, so it wouldnt be accurate. Unless I got flashed by a speed gun.

Back