• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the word lag with your turbo. A 6266 is a big turbo for a 2 liter. I guess you won't notice it as much at the moment as the standard engine is running a CR of 11.5:1 if I remember correctly. If you go forged and run the same compression ratio, you'd never be able to push the boost, which means you are limited to push the boundaries. You would have to drop the CR considerably to run high boost, and then your off boost torque disappears, which will make your car super laggy. If you intend on using it mainly as a drag car, then it would be the perfect setup, but as a road car, it would be near enough undriveable.

And to say that you can run 800BHP at 50psi, I'd be very wary taking such comments on board without fully understanding how it can be achieved. Certainly with your setup, this wouldn't be even close to possible, although you would still be able to make some good power.

Nice build so far and I hope you achieve your goals.

Nope, no wires crossed. See my post above.

Well like me you will have to wait and see. TDi North are producing some huge figures recently.

I will be running dual boost, high boost on the strip, flick a switch, low boost on the road. 800bhp on the road is obscene, especially with FWD.

I am confident I will achieve my 800bhp.

very nice k20 turbo with nice numbers, i am gone do the same thing but i little less power.

to control the boost you can use a solenoid or eletronic boost control, then you keep the car legal road and for drag, because like you sayed 800hp on the road is impossible to drive hehehe

You can control the boost using the Kpro Ecu. I am also going to rig up a shift light to one of the nitros controls.

Not sure, I know Adam's drag car is running around 1000bhp, but thats a dedicated build, there are a few others running massive numbers too. There is a 750bhp civic in Greece who claims to be the fastest in europe, my aim is the fastest Road Legal EP3 in the UK. At Santa Pod Im already faster than some (not many) dedicated Dragster builds, and I am still yet to progress to Slicks.

My 2 targets are;

A 10.5s or lower run at Santa Pod.

Hopefully to be the fastest road legal EP3 in the UK.

I thought you were taking the passenger seat out? If not you will have a queue of people wanting a go :lol:

I'm not mate, I will try to get out to some meets soon. I still have not meet anyone on here!

hat off to you mate great thread. is the car laggy as i noticed boost doesnt really kick in till 5500.

are you going for the full 800 or would you be easier going for a more smaller turbo (billet) for quick spool

say 3500 revs when it kicks in and taking that all the way to red line ?

nos is also another option which will aid in the spool of the turbo

in my old car i ran multiple maps (8) one of which was methanol this gives and average increase of around 12% whilst keeping engine temps lower than with normal v power

steve

Hi Steve,

No I wouldn't say the car is Laggy, off boost it drives similar to an OEM EP3. Around town it is just like standard, not difficult to drive at all. I will be going for the full 800 on this set up, running 2 maps, low boost for everyday driving, probably around 18psi/500bhp, and high boost will be 800bhp, this will be for Santa Pod etc. Just a switch on the dash board to swap between the 2.

At the moment Nitrous and Methanol are not planned, but that may change when its done.

I should say it will only be 500bhp in 3rd and 4th gears. Very low boost in first and second to get rolling, huge boost in 3rd and 4th, and the back down for 5th and 6th.

Cheers man. :) Just read through your thread, nice car :)

Update, fitted the Buddyclub Short Shifter, make a massive difference in gearstick throw, I would say its over 50% shorter now. Feels nice and stiff too.

Bad news though. I havent used it for a few weeks because of the constant rain, been out every couple of days to turn it over and get it warm. Anyway, just been to school to pick the boy up and its running like a bag of *****, lots of smoke too.

TDi North in the morning.

I think everyone on the forum are all waiting in anticipation, when your project is completed. I think you will give 2013 a whole new meaning:)

Hope you get the car sorted out at TDI North. :)

Back