• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

We will see on Friday. It will still have the OEM Valve Springs in, so not massive yet. It will be going back to TDi in a few weeks for the new Drive Shafts and Valve Springs, where Paul will hopefully up the power.

Thinking about entering Time Attack in August at Anglesea.

This popped up on my facebook. Give a better perspective of the size of the Intercooler.

534777_10150938560358210_623433209_11881654_1983464562_n.jpg

Just going to fvcking LOL when they attempt to put the bumper back on.

:lol:

Haha, that's huge, is that 100% necessary at this stage or is that there then you can go further in the future?

The whole idea is to be able to use the full power capable in the setup so no point fitting a 400bhp core when you just need to change it in a few months for one to handle the power. This is a proper Garrett 800bhp rated core so it's not something we should ever need to look at again.

Bet you are itching to drive it now Tom? Can't wait to see some finished pics, and figures. This thing is gonna be a beast :twisted:

Bet you are itching to drive it now Tom? Can't wait to see some finished pics, and figures. This thing is gonna be a beast :twisted:

Itching doesn't describe it, I have no finger nails left, she is sick of me talking about it. I've been down to TDi nearly everyday this past 2 weeks, watching, asking questions and generally getting in the way. My pictures just don't do the car any justice, its awesome.

As Paul said above, everything that has been fitted is capable of 800bhp, except the Motor. The Motor is still completely stock, so we wont be running massive power to start. I'll be back at TDi in a few weeks for Drive Shafts, and I will have uprated Valve Springs going in, so we can turn the power up a little. Later in the year, August/September, I plan to buy a second block, get that rebuilt whilst I'm still running the car, and next year hopefully Spring we can swap the motors and turn the boost up.

Well after a really long day at TDi, we have seen some great figures. I will do a better write up when Im not so tired. Had to change the Spring in the Waste Gate a few times, but everyone at TDi sorted it all out.

In a nutshell it made 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12PSi. Which is pretty good.

Heres the progress board.

11052012242.jpg

And a quick video

[video=youtube;QItUpAKLZHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QItUpAKLZHA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Awesome. I thought its not a huge increase over the rotrex set up for the money.

Glad to know more is coming.

Hehe. Glad I didn't hang around until the end!

Good to see you again today.

The car is a beast! Bhp headline figure isn't much higher but the torque figure is huge! :smt023

Awesome. I thought its not a huge increase over the rotrex set up for the money.

Glad to know more is coming.

The Motor is holding it back, the Turbo is capable of 50Psi, so its only just getting warmed up.

Hehe. Glad I didn't hang around until the end!

Good to see you again today.

The car is a beast! Bhp headline figure isn't much higher but the torque figure is huge! :smt023

Good to see you again Loxy. Yeah it was half 6 when I left. Very long day. Im over the moon with the results. Big, BIG figures to come :)

Its all gone pretty well. Its a very efficient setup and intake temp was only 1'C above ambient so intecooler is really working well. The wastegate is causing a few issues due to the huge size but we do want accurate control for what we have planned.

I set fuel pressure to 50PSI to give a bit of headroom and get the car started and running pretty quickly which we have achived and get a good base tune done.
We want to torque limit the motor as its a stock one at 300ftlb as thats what tends to break things and at that level we also managed to max the 1000cc ID injectors.

Next step is to fit the bumper, tidy up the wiring as we have relocated the battery and setup boost by gear so Tom can have the car back to get used to it for a few days.

It's the biggest single build we have done in-house and so far its lived up to our expectations. :)

Back