• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Top work. That with the core sprayed black would almost be stealthy. :)

Cheers pal, Think Im going to see if I can get some mesh or something similar to put in front of the intercooler to protect it from stones etc. Got some free time next week. Think its going to be a fibreglass job to hold it in place though.

Trying to be efficient with the weight.

So I was supposed to go to TDi today for valve springs and a bit more boost, but I overslept and only got there at dinnertime, so because there isn't enough time in the day, the valve springs will have to wait.

It wasnt a completely wasted journey though. I wanted a bit more power in 1st and 2nd gear so Paul put the car on the Dyno and had another play around with the Map. The car is currently pulling about 430bhp, but the difference in the lower gears is unbelievable, its savage, and I mean properly savage. Unfortunately it rained, so Paul couldn't get a proper road test done, but the drive home in the rain was interesting. Wheel spin in 5th, granted it was wet, but still its scary.

Also Ben sprayed my Intercooler black, which we did at the right time as we noticed one of the brackets on the intercooler had snapped, so Lou took 10 minutes to remove and remount it, good as new.

581049_10151803728650335_555940334_24818448_1177060943_n.jpg

Hoping to see a big difference on Saturday at Santa Pod. :)

Got to say, much better with the intercooler in black!

Are you taking videos at Santa Pod? You need more gutted faces shots as you go passed them. :lol:

I will have my Go Pro, but Im thinking about taking the passenger seat out before I go, so wont have a passenger to video for me.

It does look a lot better in Black.

Cheers pal. Im still thinking of finding somebody who can modify an OEM bumper by cutting and filling it, so it fits the intercooler flush. Im also going to fit some mesh to protect the intercooler.

Just trying to find the time.

So another trip to Santa Pod today, it's Vauxhall Performance Show this weekend, so I was expecting it to be busy, and it was. First half an hour was good, 4 runs, no waiting. Then the Vauxhalls turned up, and it appeared that most of them broke down on the strip, or had massive crashes (how is it possible to crash a Corsa in a straight line), so I called it a day at 1pm. I did 10 runs in total, but with all the waiting my oil was either too hot, or my tyres were cooling because my times dipped over 13s.

Fastest of the day 12.8s @ 116mph

SantaPod9-6-12.jpg

Running with a full tank of 97, and my spare wheel, on 32psi street tyres. I ran 0.8s faster than I did with the same weight, and a passenger 2 weeks ago, and 0.5s faster than I did with an empty car. Its coming along nicely.

Next time I will run with no weight, and around 24-25psi in the front tyres, should hopefully drop to 12.5s or lower.

intercooler looks wicked black!!! so much more stealth :)

I wish I went to VPS now!! all my mates went down (Vauxhall fans :)) but i decided to give it a miss because Ive got a holiday in couple of weeks. Id of definitely gone if I knew you were gonna be there... just to see/hear this monster!! :)

No not this time. I went down on my own and met up with Darkhorse from CTRO, so no camera man this time.

All my Go Pro video's didnt come out because it was too shaky as I mounted it on the passenger seat.

The RWYB Challenge results from Saturday 09-06-12....

133959434820398-1.png

and the updated standings table....

133959434820398.png

Pleased with knocking half a second off my previous times, considering I was running more weight.

A pleasing jump from 83rd to 55th in the table, and I finally beat that massive pick up truck.

Darkhawk from CTRO, and I think he is on here too now, was there on Saturday with some really good Reaction Times. He is 51st in the Table.

That was the only thing that disapointed me. I was hoping for a faster Terminal Speed than 116mph, but there was a 20mph headwind.

Cant have it all I suppose.

If the weather report changes on Saturday 16th, I might pop down for a couple of hours, but I will be leaving really early as Ive got a Rugby match to attend on Saturday evening. If the weather doesn't change I will be leaving it. No point going down if its ****ing down.

I should be going down on the 30th June, and 8th July weather permitting. I will definitely be there on the 11th August, rain or shine for the TRO Meet.

If the weather report changes on Saturday 16th, I might pop down for a couple of hours, but I will be leaving really early as Ive got a Rugby match to attend on Saturday evening. If the weather doesn't change I will be leaving it. No point going down if its ****ing down.

I should be going down on the 30th June, and 8th July weather permitting. I will definitely be there on the 11th August, rain or shine for the TRO Meet.

Give me a shout next time you're on the way down mate, I'm close to pod so will drop in .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back