• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Hey Tom

Hope you are well mate, just trying to catch up with things as its been a while since i have been on the forum properly, i saw your post about considering breaking the motor and getting shut :( dont do it man haha yours is an epic build and i look forward to reading your updates on the thread.
I think you should look to prep it for Time Attack which seems really popular at present and will be something new for you compared to straight line racing :)

Cheers pal. It wont be broken, I couldnt break it, even if it just stays as a road car. Scaring Ferrari 360's is just too much fun.

At the minute its just a shell with a motor. Got a new bumper coming with Cannards and Splitter already fitted, looking at a bigger rear wing as I dropped the mugen one and split the centre section. Got a few plans for over Christmas, will just have to see how far I get before Time Attack.

You should try and get one of the old BTCC wings, they look ridiculous on most Civics but I think yours has the go to justify the show.

You should try and get one of the old BTCC wings, they look ridiculous on most Civics but I think yours has the go to justify the show.

Like trying to find rocking horse ****. unless somebody knows something I dont know.

Lol, I have a few Idea's. I have a friend who makes stuff with Carbon Fibre and Fibreglass, so I will speak to him about it, but I will have to get a mounting bracket made up from elsewhere.

Cheers pal. It wont be broken, I couldnt break it, even if it just stays as a road car. Scaring Ferrari 360's is just too much fun.

At the minute its just a shell with a motor. Got a new bumper coming with Cannards and Splitter already fitted, looking at a bigger rear wing as I dropped the mugen one and split the centre section. Got a few plans for over Christmas, will just have to see how far I get before Time Attack.

Glad to hear mate too much blood sweat and tears have gone into that motor plus you still owe me a run down the pod in it haha I imagine you upset most people on the road pal like Ben in his EG lol, sounds like cosmetically it could look a lot different by the spring then?
I havent touched the civic for the last couple of months but booking it into TDI this month for a set of drop in cams and going to swap the injen cai for a tegiwa because seems to be a few more cases of hydrolocking going on with all this crap weather :(

Yeah, it will hopefully look a bit different in Spring. Looking at a full cage too. All depends on what money I have free, and if i have enough time.

Drop in Cams, are these the TDi ones? and the Teg M you will see a bit of a difference in powers.

WOW!! i bet this is great fun to drive! didn't even think that bhp was possible with a type R. Fairplay mate, alot of hardwork and graft has gone into this! :)

Well I got my new bumper on Saturday, picked up from Darkhawk from CTRO as he was breaking his stunning EP3 after he hit a wall at 80 at Oulton Park last weekend.

Aggressive much...

21685_10152256367310335_236078337_n.jpg

Yeah, Im going to have to cut a rather large chunk out of it to fit it over the intercooler.

Looks like it dropped off the batmobile pal haha, wouldnt like to see it coming up behind me looks really aggressive :)

Hahaha thats exactly what she said. Darkhawks car looked awesome, really aggressive, its a massive shame he has broken it up. Currently looking at ironing boards for the rear spoiler and possibly a rear diffuser.

Its a shame for a nice EP3 to get broken up but you have definitely benefited pal I really like it, haha now your car genuinally does need a spoiler unlike a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa ;) are you still thinking of going into time attack next year or sticking to the drag strip?

Its a shame for a nice EP3 to get broken up but you have definitely benefited pal I really like it, haha now your car genuinally does need a spoiler unlike a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa ;) are you still thinking of going into time attack next year or sticking to the drag strip?

I doubt I will be entering Time Attack next year, but hopefully the year after. Im sure i will still be visiting the Pod, but not as often. When are you getting your cams fitted?

That will look awsome once fitted tom :twisted:

Cheers pal.

Back