• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

Several weeks ago I had a bit of an oh **** moment when I was topping my oil up before going out:

20121102_200458.jpg

Luckily I managed to borrow an oem cap from a friend and got straight onto Matt at Injection Imports about a metal replacement which arrived this week

20121217_214226.jpg

Not sure the pic does it justice, looks great in person and will go nicely with a painted cam cover when mine starts flaking as well as the other Seeker parts under the bonnet.

I'm also looking at suspension options to replace my AST's as I don't have the oem suspension to refit. Matt has given me a great price on the Mugen Sports Suspension kit and i'm thinking of pairing it with Spoon progressive springs although reviews on the springs on other cars seem varied.

Nice cap.

Have you looked at Nitron street coilovers ?

Ta :)

I have, I found a site a couple of weeks back which I hadn't seen in search results before that had them listed with a price. Turns out they don't have any in stock as the release has been put back until the end of January but I have two problems with the Nitron kit.

First being another FD2 owner bought some Meister R's with Nitron inserts which he thought were great, however he reported they made a loud 'thwack' sound on bumps despite everything being fitted and set up properly. Nitron couldn't explain it and they are currently testing the units while the owner has fitted standard Meister R's and the sound has not been made since.

Secondly, this car is my daily and after a browse of Nitron's site, they recommend a rebuild every 12k which makes them slightly impractical for me, I never have been a fan of coilover kits on road cars tbh.

The Mugen kit seems to be the closest I can get to OEM shocks although the rear damping issue has been addressed from the OEM setup which is known to be the cause of the harsh ride.

As it happens, your name came up when I searched for Spoon springs, what did you think of them on your EP3?

I looked into Eibach but they only seem to do them for normal 8th gen saloons which won't fit the Type R. The camber arms fit though apparently. I think the Spoon springs are quite expensive so i'll see. Still waiting on my new alloys and reg plates from TGM although I know Tom is busy atm.

It is excellent quality, all Seeker parts seem to be. It doesn't look quite right in the bay atm but i'll put up a fitted pic when I get a moment :)

That's real smart, but you're such a ghey. ;)

Says the guy driving a MINI :lol: I jest, smart motor you have, better than the other beemer you had ;)

Eibach SPC camber arms are no problem. I had the first set to arrive in Europe (many moons ago), they are really quite tasty.

How much did they work out as if you can remember and don't mind me asking? Buddyclub seem to be around £200 cheaper than other brands it seems.

:lol: It was quite a while ago! I seem to recall around £200-250 for the set, I don't believe I would have paid more than that for them.

sus.jpg

ken33310-img600x450-1289816721gltpjx71417.jpg

Ordered yesterday to replace my AST's. Slim chance they'll be here by the end of the month but we'll see. Looking forward to fitting them :)

Thanks. It definitely needs a lower lip on the front. Probably will get the Mugen as it goes well with the grille but there are other options and it'd be nice to have something different. Haven't seen the lip on a blue one either.

Lovely car mate! I have a CW one myself!
How much was the seeker induction kit and where did you source it? Private message me if you want?

sus.jpg

ken33310-img600x450-1289816721gltpjx71417.jpg

Ordered yesterday to replace my AST's. Slim chance they'll be here by the end of the month but we'll see. Looking forward to fitting them :)

I like how you're spec'ing this car up nicely ready for me to buy :)

Back