• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

Right then, suspension arrived last night and thought i'd crack on this morning before work and swap the front springs over. All was going well until I attatched the top mount to the Spoon spring, cue "bollocks" moment. It seems the Mugen springs have a slightly different diameter to OEM and as such, the top mount is too small for the Spoons.

For now i've refitted the Mugen spring, will fit them as is and sell the Spoons on.

Would the spoon springs have made much difference? Usualy when I have a moment like that I don't have an easy solution :p

Would the spoon springs have made much difference? Usualy when I have a moment like that I don't have an easy solution :p

A bit lower and the spring rates are higher.

Is it definitely the FD2 kit and not the FN2 one?

Definitely the FD2 kit. Has the FD2 part number on the box and I doubt Spoon would get it wrong. There isn't much in it tbh but the Mugen topmounts are a slightly smaller diameter.

Well, they say the true test of a company is how they act when things go wrong and I can't praise Matt at Injection Imports highly enough.

The reason the front Spoon springs don't fit and why I had some insane camber when I fitted the Mugen fronts last night (so much the tyres rubbed the shocks themselves) is because I have the kit for the hybrid/ USDM 8th Gen Civic. The FD2 Type R part number is identical bar having one extra letter in it which has caused the confusion.

Sent Matt a message explaining the situation and he couldn't apologise enough. Correct set has been ordered and he'll arrange a collection of the kit I have atm when it's ready to go.

Big thumbs up from me for Matt :)

Well, they say the true test of a company is how they act when things go wrong and I can't praise Matt at Injection Imports highly enough.

The reason the front Spoon springs don't fit and why I had some insane camber when I fitted the Mugen fronts last night (so much the tyres rubbed the shocks themselves) is because I have the kit for the hybrid/ USDM 8th Gen Civic. The FD2 Type R part number is identical bar having one extra letter in it which has caused the confusion.

Sent Matt a message explaining the situation and he couldn't apologise enough. Correct set has been ordered and he'll arrange a collection of the kit I have atm when it's ready to go.

Big thumbs up from me for Matt :)

That's good to know, I've just placed quite a large order with Matt myself, so at least I know I'm in good hands.

Matt is a top bloke, very helpful with the orders i've placed so far. It arrives quickly, well packaged and the JDM snacks are a nice touch.

My Jap machinery

20130203_142944_zpsb21444ab.jpg

Yeah full Akra mate. Wanted a full Leo Vince but they don't come with the dummy wheel for the set valve motor and you can't turn the light out by pulling a wire like on the k9 I had. It could do with a map really to sort out the low down fuelling but I can live with it :). Has a -1 front sprocket too for some extra ooomph

Finally after a couple of days messing around and having to order some bolts for the brake line brackets (can't believe Mugen don't supply new ones, they give you replacements for every other bolt you have to remove) it's all on :)

Rear done:

20130215_172410_zps85cd9f23.jpg

20130215_172431_zpsff1b683f.jpg

Finishing up on the front:

20130215_171119_zpsca3e76f9.jpg

Can't wait to go for a test run later.

I've also fitted a new gasket where the header meets the rest of the exhaust to sort a minor leak I had, hopefully it's done the trick, the old one was very worn in comparison.

Will update pics of the ride height once the springs have settled and i've given it a wash.

Well, I haven't had chance to wash it yet but as there was some daylight left for a change when I got home from work thought i'd take a quick pic:

20130221_165234_zpsfd855103.jpg

Really happy with the setup, hopefully get the geometry sorted in the next few days now it's had time to settle.

Whilst fitting the suspension I noticed splits in the outer hose of the Do Luck (rebranded Hel) braided lines so binning them for a set of APP lines from the motherland. Will be getting these fitted and some RBF600 fluid put in at TGM early April.

Back