• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

Picked the car up this morning, 13 months MOT no advisories and all painted, looks awesome IMO, really happy with it so a big thank you to TGM for doing the bodywork. Just trying to hunt down a Type R badge for the grille now

2013-06-15135629_zps6677b037.png

2013-06-15135718_zps97f49c01.png

I did think of asking Simon if he'd consider selling but I think i'd have clearance issues tbh.

Nah, your car's no lower than mine was, on 225s you'd be fine especially if you got a little more camber on there.

Not sure he'd sell them though, he was pretty quick to have them off me!

Are the pics not showing Ed? I can see them?

Mine is lower on the springs than the AST's were, he said he does get some rubbing occassionaly IIRC when I asked him as I was going to buy some 18 x 8.5 ET48 wheels and asked how close his were to rubbing at ET52. I want to fit camber arms at the back too so the rears won't be quite so tucked in.

That looks fcuking awesome! IMO it looks brilliant without a Type R badge, I personally would leave it off.......but it is your car and you can do wtf you want to it :lol:

Are the pics not showing Ed? I can see them?

Mine is lower on the springs than the AST's were, he said he does get some rubbing occassionaly IIRC when I asked him as I was going to buy some 18 x 8.5 ET48 wheels and asked how close his were to rubbing at ET52. I want to fit camber arms at the back too so the rears won't be quite so tucked in.

I had my car sat a bit lower than Simon's...I've just compared your pics here with the ones I took on its last 'ring trip and it's at least as low. With Dunlop GT 235s on the only places I got it to rub very slightly was through the Karrussel and the big compression at Fuchsrohre. Once I switched back to 225s (Dunlop GT and then PZeros) it was never a problem. I was running 2deg rear camber though.

Do you have a pic of one with a badge? It does not look like there is much space for one.

P.19 there's a pic of the FEEL'S demo car with one fitted, it sits over to the far right, same place as on the OEM grille if you get an FD2 with one fitted.

I had my car sat a bit lower than Simon's...I've just compared your pics here with the ones I took on its last 'ring trip and it's at least as low. With Dunlop GT 235s on the only places I got it to rub very slightly was through the Karrussel and the big compression at Fuchsrohre. Once I switched back to 225s (Dunlop GT and then PZeros) it was never a problem. I was running
2deg rear camber though.

Fair enough :)

I'm hoping to back the rear camber off a bit on mine and gettting some camber bolts for the front. Might get some thicker ARB's as well although I might just do the rear one as from what I understand, if you go too stiff at the front it won't allow the diff to work as well as it does.

£50!? Find another FD at a show and "borrow" theirs to see how it looks on your car. If it looks good forget to give it back :lol:

Only just seen this update. Looks superb all sprayed up Alex. I have come round to the grille now everything is painted and matched. Looking great bud.

Wheels arrived today, I didn't get in from work til late so unwrapped one for a look. Turns out they're hyper black, not silver as I thought. I actually quite like them as they are but probably will get them refurbed to a different colour. They feel very light too although not much lighter than OEM.

20130617_205713_zps47c3b1da.jpg

20130617_210200_zps80b02b0a.jpg

Slightly concave face

20130617_205957_zpsedb1ef90.jpg

Cheers :)

Centre caps, valves, nuts and spigot rings ordered. Enquired about some rear camber arms and Cusco rear arb too.

I'll just get the rear for the time being price dependent. Not sure i'm convinced the front will do much from what i've read. Progress in the US do a 24mm adjustable bar like I had on my EP3 which is another option.

Back