• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 My Integra dilemma

Hatton

Will Be Missed
Evening team,

Ever since looking for a DC5 I have always wanted a CW one, which I now have. However, I have always been tempted with a NHB one and going the whole 'stealth' theme. The real temtation has come only recently with the TRO forum changes. The banner picture above is really giving me food for thought. I think it's time for a NHB one tbh.

Please tell me if I'm mad, or even let me know if this is a great shout. Black on black is something I really want to do. It looks like my 2001 CW DC5 will be up for grabs very soon. It's approaching 90k and has had a recent major service along with a clutch change so it's all good to go. I do worry about flogging it as it's such a great car. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will be looking for offers around £7750 :) If it helps, it's been cared for by two previosu forum members and is all looked after by Tom @ TGM.

Do, don't I?

Last edited by a moderator:
It genuinly is a steal, which is why I do worry if it's the best thing to do Chris.

Have you considered a vinyl wrap? I've read one or two threads on here about people wrapping their car. You could end up with the best of both worlds, a stealthy 'great' car.

Andy

Have you considered a vinyl wrap? I've read one or two threads on here about people wrapping their car. You could end up with the best of both worlds, a stealthy 'great' car.

Andy

Indeed I have Andy, but the thought of it wearing as time goes on put's me off. I haven't seen a car up close to give a full opinion. I did get a few prices and none were under a grand.

Is be happy to swap my black interior if you find a replacement Hatton.
Not sure if I would really want to do that Tone, but if the new driver would prefer a black interior then I'd be game.

I saw an s2000 that was wrapped the other day and from the outside it looked cool but once you open the doors and hood it was silver which kind of sucked. If you have the money then sell up and get the one you want otherwise you'll always be disappointed.

I wanted to go black with black with black but the red interior is rare with a NHB and when it came to change the colour of the wheels, everyone at home talked me out of it :rolleyes:

Still my tinted windows do give it a slight stealth approach

See where your coming from Ben but for me its like buying a Ferrari in any other car bar Rosso Red, it just has to be red for a Ferrari and these command the best prices. The Teg is no different IMO, has to championship white although NHB would be a close second.

Then there is your car, its pretty mint and you've spend alot of time and money on it, would you be able to pick up another the same...doubtful . What ever you do though if its really what you want go for it and I'll still be jealous !

If you can change without much expense, then do it, otherwise it's a bit silly. Maybe a wheel change would be a better option. :lol:

Told you before mate, I think you'd be mad to do it, but your money.
You'll be changing from a car you know, love & maintained for a colour change?!
Black is a cnut to keep nice, even harder than white imo.

CW DC5s FTW, keep it.

Agreed, pre-facelift ONLY

if you can do it under a grand and youd be happy then do it. if not vinyl wrap that bitch.

I've looked in to vinyl wrapping and you want get a decent job for under a grand and it's bound too look naff up close.

I've looked in to vinyl wrapping and you want get a decent job for under a grand and it's bound too look naff up close.

bound too... never assume bud.

ive seen one up close (not saying you havent) and it was really good. i would say see if you can a look at one real close up and then reconsider..

Back