• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My JDM EP3

Just read this whole thread man! What a build, really suprised at how quickly you went onto selling the car. I mean, damn, you didn't even have it that long to start with, and not so long before selling, you were still modifying it. :eek:

If you can all hang on till next year, i may be joining you on the Scoob/Evo boostage meet :D

Well ever since i was young (not too long ago then :lol:) i wanted an impreza, and at the time of release on the blob eye (version 8) i went with my dad to the opening event at the local dealer, and its been my obsession to get one at some point or another. of course nowadays i want the JDM one for the uprated internals and twinscroll turbo :twisted:.

Equivalence wise i would be looking at an Evo VII as i dont really want anything too old preferablt sub 40k miles and around the 11k price tag.

I have always been a Scoob man, but i could be convinced with the Evo since they actually look nice in red unlike the scoob :confused:

March is gonna be D-Day with my insurance up for renewal and *touch wood* another years no claims.

Just thought i'd show Dotty (and others) how the car is getting on.

Picked it up on the 29th August, 12.30pm ish if i remember correctly so coming up to month 3 now! Thankfully Dotty was at the meeting place as i'd already wired him the monies. Signed the forms with 'complimentary Type R pen' and then left him in dust as i piled out of the services.

My previous car was a Clio V6, quick car with immediate power available all the time. Combine this with a bit of damp, a roundabout and only the slightest hint of acceleration would have you clenching your arse then facing the wrong direction. I was ready for something reliable, more practical than the clio and rare to hold its value. I’ve always had a thing for Hondas and almost bought a mint EG SIR a few years but couldn’t justify the price for an older car. So somehow I decided that I wanted the jdm ep3 and so started looking around for a few months. I decided on this one as I thought that it had the perfect combination of price, mods, mileage, year and condition. I don’t think that I could have got better for the price.

So 3 months on, its my daily driver now and it’s a pleasure to drive everyday. At first it didn’t seem as quick and was totally different to drive but combined with the lsd it really does handle like its on rails. I’ve only had one issue with the battery which wasn’t holding charge. I tested it and it only had 60% charge therefore occasionally wouldn’t start and sometimes would partially start with a misfire. A new battery has sorted all that though. I think that the battery was still the original one from Japan. I’ve upgraded the alarm to a fancy Clifford job and have a few ideas for next year. First job is to get the rear valance repaired where the previous owner’s exhaust had burnt a nice imprint of itself on. I might be after some coilovers at some point and maybe some carbon fibre bits. Ill be on the forums a bit more and will come along to some shows

Here are some recent pics. Not a lot has changed to be fair:

Back at home in the garage:

IMG_0354%20(Medium).jpg

DSC02419%20(Medium).jpg

One with my plate on:

DSC02432%20(Medium).jpg

well ive just spent 10 minutes reading through this thread and im not bored haha. the car looks amazing. good work

Back