• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My K swapped Yellow DC2 - Selling soon :(

Dropped the car off at Body and Tuning in mansfield to get the arches rolled and rust-prooved, picked it up today and I'm really happy with the work, the arches are now fully waxoyled and protected inside and out. So I got it home and fitted the wheels, really happy with how it looks!

1240530_10151829058489691_1413236865_n.jpg

The rear tyres catch ever so slightly on really rough roads, but I didn't want the arches flaring so it'll have to be smaller tyres, no big deal as they are oversize as they are. Just the decals to go back on now and that should be it exterior wise.

Matt

To be honest, although it is definitely faster, it isn't leaps and bounds faster than a modded b18 if we're both in the right gear, until we get to 120 or so then it pulls away comfortably (on a track day, natch). The only other tegs I've been against though have been stripped out so maybe that played a part. Off the mark it's a lot quicker as well as shown by the quarter mile time

Last night I managed to get the brakes I've always wanted for it. I fitted them for a mate 3 years ago and asked for first refusal should he ever sell the car, and he has been teasing me with them ever since. He's a great guy and true to his word he's selling up and let me know they were for sale so I snapped them up!

Finished at 11pm last night, I also changed the passenger side shaft and a few other little bits and pieces, so there aren't any decent pics of it as is but I took it to work today so here's a quick snap.

photo1_zps68cfe0ea.jpg

photo3_zpse9d56485.jpg

Really happy with them, it's a sin to have a yellow dc2 without these calipers, looks so right!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw you at Japshow today. You were on the same stand as us. Me and Jay were in the Skyline. Car looks as awesome in real life as it does on here.

Sorry never saw that, should have said you were on here, Jay's skyline is/was (did he sell it?) incredible!

I'll be selling this soon, I'm too precious about it to take it on track and I really miss that, so I'm going to get an Elise and maybe K20 that at some point. It's been a great run and I'll be sad to see it go :( Just sold the BMW so as soon as I have another daily sorted out I'll be putting a thread up. Thanks for all the kind comments on the car, it's been great fun building it!

Thanks, Matt

I took a deposit on this car last night, really sad to see it go but it has to in order to get a new toy, such is life :(

It's been great fun "building" it, the attention it's had at shows and meets has been great, to have a car featured in a magazine is a first for me and something I'm really proud of!

Thought I'd update/see it off with a few pics from this weekend.

11268799913_2feb210321_c.jpg

11268703905_f64baaebd5_c.jpg

11268731816_996e6afbaf_c.jpg

11268806693_e10136c82a_c.jpg

11268765014_260908cc0c_b.jpg

11268742506_9dd4d3b558_c.jpg

11268768124_c6342347ba_b.jpg

Thanks, Matt

Sorry to hear about the sale...

Where was my call - I had legally bounding dibs :p

Back