• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new R..........GTR! UPDATE PICS on P1

moNoKnoT said:
tp said:
moNoKnoT said:
Come on then, how many ponies?

- Kevin.

It's rude to have under 600....or so I am told. :wink: :lol:

Thats me screwed then :lol: :lol:

Have you got any pictures of the engine bay? :D

- Kevin.

No pictures just yet as I need to get a few jobs finished first. Had cam cover off for ages as it needs plugs taking out every other day but is fine now. Also getting Kansai brace to finish it off.
Will have it on the dyno soon to fine tune it but I'm detuning so I dont break it. :oops: Still pulling far better than it did before and that was just under 600 @1.2 bar with the T78. :shock: I now have torque at low revs. 8)
Can pull away from 1000rpm without milkfloats and bikes crashing into me and do corners in 2nd gear and still pull away. 8)

Superb bit of kit that TO4Z setup. 8)

tp said:
moNoKnoT said:
tp said:
moNoKnoT said:
Come on then, how many ponies?

- Kevin.

It's rude to have under 600....or so I am told. :wink: :lol:

Thats me screwed then :lol: :lol:

Have you got any pictures of the engine bay? :D

- Kevin.

No pictures just yet as I need to get a few jobs finished first. Had cam cover off for ages as it needs plugs taking out every other day but is fine now. Also getting Kansai brace to finish it off.
Will have it on the dyno soon to fine tune it but I'm detuning so I dont break it. :oops: Still pulling far better than it did before and that was just under 600 @1.2 bar with the T78. :shock: I now have torque at low revs. 8)
Can pull away from 1000rpm without milkfloats and bikes crashing into me and do corners in 2nd gear and still pull away. 8)

Superb bit of kit that TO4Z setup. 8)

I like that strut brace, heard good things about that turbo too.

Mine arrives in the country on Tuesday at loooooooooong last so I should have it soon, cant wait to drive it now 8)

- Kevin.

Finished mapping mine. I did a very safe map with little ignition and running only 1bar boost. The idea is to keep it in 1 bit for the winter then next year start cranking it up. :twisted:

Anyway. It made a very healthy 540bhp and was still climbing when I lifted off at 7800rpm. I wasnt interested in power at the moment just ensuring the fuelling was all safe.

Oh....and this 540bhp was only at 1.1 bar with the boost controller turned off. :wink: The setup should be good for around 700......but that's just being greedy. :lol:

Now its fully tuned and safe to push it a bit all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: !Its the most savage thing I have ever been in. From 4000 your on full boost. At 5 it seems to step up a notch as it comes on cam....And the grip is amazing.

I'm pretty much finished under the bonnet now so will post up some pictures soon.

Nick.......You want a testflight? :wink: 8)

tp said:
Finished mapping mine. I did a very safe map with little ignition and running only 1bar boost. The idea is to keep it in 1 bit for the winter then next year start cranking it up. :twisted:

Anyway. It made a very healthy 540bhp and was still climbing when I lifted off at 7800rpm. I wasnt interested in power at the moment just ensuring the fuelling was all safe.

Oh....and this 540bhp was only at 1.1 bar with the boost controller turned off. :wink: The setup should be good for around 700......but that's just being greedy. :lol:

Now its fully tuned and safe to push it a bit all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: !Its the most savage thing I have ever been in. From 4000 your on full boost. At 5 it seems to step up a notch as it comes on cam....And the grip is amazing.

I'm pretty much finished under the bonnet now so will post up some pictures soon.

Awesome! Can I book a ticket for a return flight?! :twisted: :lol:

HASNIC said:
tp said:

As a favour to you, it would only be rude not to accept that invitation :lol:

Just got back from spirited rag to Durham and back. 300mile round trip and filled up 3 times! :roll:
Can safely say its the most awsome driving experience I have ever had coming back through the dales with an S6 trying to keep up! :lol: :twisted:

Home safe and no fires this time. Found a flat spot on the map at 5000rpm where if you lift off waiting to overtake it suddenly runs megga rich and has the same effect as a flamethrower until you bury the loud pedal. :oops: :lol: :twisted:

Pulled over at preston services to get a drink and when I got back there was a big crowd gathered round taking pictures. Don't get that with many cars. 8)

tp said:
HASNIC said:
tp said:

As a favour to you, it would only be rude not to accept that invitation :lol:

Just got back from spirited rag to Durham and back. 300mile round trip and filled up 3 times! :roll:
Can safely say its the most awsome driving experience I have ever had coming back through the dales with an S6 trying to keep up! :lol: :twisted:

Home safe and no fires this time. Found a flat spot on the map at 5000rpm where if you lift off waiting to overtake it suddenly runs megga rich and has the same effect as a flamethrower until you bury the loud pedal. :oops: :lol: :twisted:

Pulled over at preston services to get a drink and when I got back there was a big crowd gathered round taking pictures. Don't get that with many cars. 8)

Just dont do what I did and look like a spanner when filling up hehe. I had to fill up 5 minutes after collecting the car...didnt know which side the petrol cap was on, couldn't find the catch to open it and I had no idea how the alarm worked...all that with a crowd isnt 8) hehe

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Just dont do what I did and look like a spanner when filling up hehe. I had to fill up 5 minutes after collecting the car...didnt know which side the petrol cap was on, couldn't find the catch to open it and I had no idea how the alarm worked...all that with a crowd isnt 8) hehe

- Kevin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had that the first time I picked up the DC5 - Sharky can vouch for it too!

dotty said:
moNoKnoT said:

- Kevin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had that the first time I picked up the DC5 - Sharky can vouch for it too!

^^ Yep, true! :lol: :oops:

Couple of under bonnet pics now its nearly finished.

I removed the old T78 setup and went for a full HKS T04Z setup. What a difference! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Car is now running 600+bhp at 1.1bar. I will start cranking it up next year when funds allow but at the moment I'm building my Time Attack Civic for next year. :twisted:

dsc01561cs0.jpg

dsc01562ji2.jpg

Big thanks to Paul at TDi North in Warrington for all your help. 8)
Thanks also to Abbey and RB for speedy replies and shiny bits!:D

Whats the big deal with that turbo? I've seen read about loads of people who've sold the twins for a big single turbo.

Engine bay looks awesome tho mate, keep us updated :)

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Whats the big deal with that turbo? I've seen read about loads of people who've sold the twins for a big single turbo.

- Kevin.

Single is so much simpler and neater than twins but the issue has always been the lag with massive power at the top end. The new generation of singles though spool up so quickly you get the same driving charecteristics as large twins at low and midrange revs but still the massive power at the top end.

Was dead easy to fit as well. Did it in 2 days. 8)

moNoKnoT said:
Also, did you get your inlet manifold polished or is it an uprated replacement? :)

- Kevin.

Its a polished and ported OEM one. My old ones on egay along with a load of other bits me and paul been after shifting for a while.

tp said:
moNoKnoT said:

- Kevin.

Single is so much simpler and neater than twins but the issue has always been the lag with massive power at the top end. The new generation of singles though spool up so quickly you get the same driving charecteristics as large twins at low and midrange revs but still the massive power at the top end.

What rpm do they start making power then?

Mine come in around the 3500rpm mark and stay on until around 7500rpm 8)

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
tp said:
moNoKnoT said:

- Kevin.

What rpm do they start making power then?

Mine come in around the 3500rpm mark and stay on until around 7500rpm 8)

- Kevin.

All starts happening from about 3500-4000 and full boost by 4500.
Keeps pulling and on full boost at 8000.

Bear in mind I am running with the boost controller off so its system pressure at 1.1bar. I guess it would be about 5000-5500 if I was to run at full effective boost of around 1.6bar. I dont want to risk the engine yet as I cant afford a new one. :roll:
I hear that this turbo setup will see about what I am seeing at the fly at the wheels when running full boost! :shock: :twisted:

Hi mate long time no speak :D

GTR looks awesome mate, might have to pop up to santas pods and see this run next year

Will you be running this a dedicated drag car ? and the civic a track car ?

Back