• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My old ITR'S & New 500whp+ Accord Type R

Hey Fella's, had a few emails with regards to comments so thought id pop on.

Life got busy, and I got distracted from cars as got given a company car which is quite fun, new one on the way, also picked up Snowboarding for that adrenaline and did loads with my brother over last winter.

But im back, 2 months ago i bought my brother his first car, a 2000 RX EK9. We quickly got to work and its now the following spec.

VOLK TE37s
Eibach Springs
Brembo Discs
Yellow Stuff Pads
RBF600
Kumho KU36
New Belts, Tensioner & Water Pump etc.
Spoon Shifter
A few decals.
Spoon Header
2.5" De-Cat

Its pretty much stock and you can tell that after 80mph lol. She drives so nice on the limit, Took it around the Ring and had the most fun ever last month, my first time on the ring and i managed to get an 8:55, i was on a faster lap but yellow flags, boo. With a bit more ring knowledge i should be able to get into the 8:40's. No bad for a stock 1.6 lol.

Here's the lap, cracking car, probably the best handing Honda I have driven.

[video=youtube;xdkrhOWXslw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkrhOWXslw[/video]

Few Pics:

IMG-20130820-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0008.jpg

Now onto the ATR:

I cant remember where i left off. It went to Alan at Solid Fab who we all know is amazing at what he does, its had the following:

Equal Length Twin Scroll Manifold
3" or 3.5" Downpipe (cant remember)
Twin Tial 38mm Wastegates
Twin Screamers, these will shoot up through the bonnet vent to atmosphere (space issue)
Custom Single Peice Intercooler Pipe Work (no more hoses blowing off)
EGT Bung into Manifold
Custom Front Engine Mount
Custom Turbo Brackets
Intercooler Mounted
Custom Full Size Rad Brackets (Slam Panel Removed)
Koyo Rad Inlet & OutLet's moved.

I think thats it, anyway Alan will be complete by next week.

Then I need to strip out all the crap, (not a wire tuck). Then put it all back together, and start it for the first time in about a year maybe longer i cant remember. Its not been started since the new cams and clutch plates have been fitted, so will be interesting to see how she runs. Then another re-map as it will be completely different to drive now.

So im hoping around this time in October, i should be able to drive it. Then i dont know what I will do with it, I wont use it on the road, road drive just does nothing for me, so it will most likely just have a cage slammed in, complete strip out, angle grinder time, perspex windows, 2 Recaro SPGs, Adjustable rear wing, front aero, camber arms, and full slicks, oh might have to put in DSS drive shafts. I think we all that, it will be one challenging animal to drive on track...........but before i got the whole hog, Ive got to have really hard think about it.

I'll post some pics when i get some, cheers for taking such an interest in this car :)

Jay

Will do mate, hopefully next weekend I'll see all the work Alan has done. Looking forward to a shakedown at Silverstone on 3rd Nov if we can get her done in time.

Jay

Back