• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Silver EP3 CTR 2002

There is a big price difference and I wanted some HEL but I though I'll give Racetec a try. The quality so far of the Racetec seem really good. I haven't yet fitted them (still rebuilding calipers.) but once I have will let you know how i get on with them. Also read your thread some good work there mate.

There is a big price difference and I wanted some HEL but I though I'll give Racetec a try. The quality so far of the Racetec seem really good. I haven't yet fitted them (still rebuilding calipers.) but once I have will let you know how i get on with them. Also read your thread some good work there mate.

Let me know buddy, Interested to see how they turn out as ** be ordering brakes next week or week after.

Thanks mate. Its getting there

Caliper Rebuild:

Started cleaning the claiper

Got the piston out

Gave caliper housing a clean (best i could do)

New Piston and seals in

Painted caliper. Should have painted before putting new piston and seal in as got abit of paint on dust seal but shouldn't be a problem.

Final coat and dried

Painted front and rear carriers

Trying to get all rust and paint off rear caliper

Piston out of rear caliper

Piston cleaned up

rear caliper now built, started painting

New rear discs, pads and braided hoses on. Need to paint caliper.

Front brakes done

Some pics of braied hoses (Racetec)

rear built caliper on

Side view working in the dark

What it looks like with wheels on

Rear Wheel

Front Wheel

Cheers mate. Wasn't too bad! took forever cleaning them trying to get the rust and old paint off. Still bedding in the new discs but so far the brakes feel good and haven't had any problems with the Racetec seem good so far! Nice bit of kit for the price.

a litre should be more than enough.

I made a right tit of bleeding mine this weekend with a home made pressure bleeding lid!

she failed her MOT yesterday. Needed lower ball joint, Tie Rod End, Wishbone and Tracking, Cost £485. I thought she would failed on the brakes as I rebuilt the calipers but they never which is bonus! Next is to service the car.

Got some Cree reservse bulbs, well bright!

Finally finished fitting lca and asr brace. Still need to fit lower tie bar(beaks). Didn't have time this morning!

Car on ramps, started removing bolts.

Gold LCA now install.

Had to use original bolts.

All fitted except beaks bar.

also I received my manifold today :)

Can't wait to fit it!

Back