• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Teg Has Undergone Changes....

It has become a lot more modern and softer!

I have finally gone down the DC5 route, and bought a lovely example today. Just got the wait till next Friday when I pick it up.

No pics from the dealer today as the weather was rubbish, so the only pics I can show are the ones from Japan (which are not the best quality!).

DC5_FRONT_LEFT.jpg

DC5_FRONT_RIGHT.jpg

DC5_RHS.jpg

DC5_LHS.jpg

DC5_LHS_REAR.jpg

DC5_RHS_REAR.jpg

DC5_ENGINE.jpg

DC5_STEERING_WHEEL.jpg

DC5_DRIVERS_INTERIOR.jpg

DC5_PASSENGER_INTERIOR.jpg

The car no longer has the black front splitter, as I arranged for the OE splitter to be fitted.

Its a December 52 car, non-C pack and has a verified 22,000 miles. The whole car is in extremely good condition. No stone chips, alloys are unmarked etc.. The interior is incredible, factory fresh. Not a mark on the passenger and drivers Recaros, no signs of ANY wear.

And as for my earlier comment about changing to the softer DC5 from the DC2 Teg, thats not entirely true!

Car has some very nice parts fitted.

Genuine 17" Work Emotion alloys, with Advan AD07 tyres.

Bilstein coilovers

Aftermarket LSD (possibly Cusco).

RIGID front brace and wheel nuts

Uprated engine mounts (possible Mugen rubber mounts).

Not sure what model of Bilstein coilovers, and not sure on the LSD yet, but the details currently being investigated.

The drive as you can imagine is firm, yet suprisingly driveable, maybe even smoother than my DC2 Teg. The uprated engine mounts transfer a lot of vibration, and the LSD will take some getting used to, as it is very noticeable.

I will hopefully get more info soon, and better pics after I have picked it up next week.

Finally a big thumbs up to the guys at Torque GT who have supplied the car.

Looks :cool: Gunn.

That front splitter looks like it hasn't been painted!

I'm sure you're gonna love it.

You'll love it mate ;)

Sounds like it it has some nice mods.
The engine mounts if fresh will soften with use.

Also looks like the Steering wheel has been changed from OEM too.

Looking forward to seeing some pics after you've got it home & had a chance to give the once over.

Yeah - Black splitter was unpainted and was damaged in transit. Luckily the car came with the OE splitter, which I wanted fitting anyway.

Its a Momo wheel, but the OE wheel has now been fitted. I probably will not be fitting the Momo again.

I dont mind the vibrations, but they are noticeable! :lol:

I have to admit, I am a little worried about the diff. Driving it today, it was very aggressive, and I didnt push the car very hard (busy wet roads etc...). Its noisy at very low speed turning/parking etc... But I guess once I get used to it, the benefits will become apparent :twisted:

I have to admit, I am a little worried about the diff. Driving it today, it was very aggressive, and I didnt push the car very hard (busy wet roads etc...). Its noisy at very low speed turning/parking etc... But I guess once I get used to it, the benefits will become apparent :twisted:
I'm guessing it's a 1.5 LSD then?

Very nice Paul, once up at speed the diff will calm down a bit, just remember that it'll really dig in when under power in corners and also when you back off so the nose will tuck in either way, but weird at first but well worth getting used to:cool:

I was looking at the white 350Z that's down at Torque the other day, just looks pimp:lol:

Very nice Paul, once up at speed the diff will calm down a bit, just remember that it'll really dig in when under power in corners and also when you back off so the nose will tuck in either way, but weird at first but well worth getting used to:cool:

I was looking at the white 350Z that's down at Torque the other day, just looks pimp:lol:

Cheers - The diff was fine once above approx. 5-10mph, didnt notice it, apart from the 1st time I put a bit of power down through a corner, it did give me a bit of a shock how much more aggressive it was over the standard LSD :lol:

The 350Z is imaculate, used to belong to a girl in the Plymouth area. Its has the twin Veilside titanium tear drop exhausts on it :cool:

Very nice mate, got big plans or just standard?

Engine wise it will remain standard, plus it already has the coilovers etc.. So I will just be looking to make sure its all working to its optimum. I wont be looking for power mods on this car, just the handling and set up.

Engine wise it will remain standard, plus it already has the coilovers etc.. So I will just be looking to make sure its all working to its optimum. I wont be looking for power mods on this car, just the handling and set up.

We'll see :lol:
Gruppe M within 6 mths anyone?

We'll see :lol:
Gruppe M within 6 mths anyone?

:lol:

Seriously, I am not into engine modding anymore. After I returned my DC2 back to stock, I much prefer the way it drove with the standard engine parts, smooth and quiet :cool: I may do the Hondata OE air box mod and a drop in filter tho.

Their is a chance however that 2-1 part of the manifold has been changed on the DC5, as it goes have a bit of a growl to it, and the VTEC cross over is very smooth. Or it may just be the engine ounts transmitting more noise into the cabin :lol:

IMHO mate - not really.. the centre partition that gets cut out is only a noise canceller so the induction does not get too rowdy.

Back