• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 My thoughts on Top Gear (Ive owned both EP3 and FN2)

From a 20 minute test drive i could tell the EP3 was better!:lol:

I'm still not sure what Honda were thinking, if they were selling the FD2 here instead they would have had a real hit on their hands!:rolleyes: :mad:

Don't get me wrong, i'm NOT slating it. Just want to know what other people think of the review.:)

So its quicker than the Golf GTi and £5K cheaper.

Yes its not the EP3, but was it ever meant to be the same type of car?

In the TopGear Magazine the Stig, said it was the Hot Hatch he would buy. Its all down to opinion.

I've bought one, and I'm still happy.

same here.:cool:

the day Clarkson likes it...I will sell it.;)

The review was fair in the most part.

The ride is harder, but that is due to the 18" rims replacing the 17" IMO. I haven't encountered loads of understeer, if anything I find if you are not careful the backend will go light and try to break away much like the EP3 did

Once you get to 5K it will go through the rev range as quick as the EP3.

The stuff about the seats were flawed because the EP3 had the same problems. The Drivers seat is not meant not to be moved like the passengers side is.

I still think it will sell well because it represents good value within the segment.

yes i agree 2 wot clarkson said,b4 i bought my fn2 i took one out a test drive and loved it for the 25 mins i was out in it,but then again where do u really get the chance on a test drive unlike clarkson to thrash it round an airfield and take the car to its limit and if i had i would have walked away without purchasing an fn2..sad really:(

lol sorry I haven't been keeping up with the new type R stuff tbh, I just remembered it had similar chassis code compared to the RX7.

yes i agree 2 wot clarkson said,b4 i bought my fn2 i took one out a test drive and loved it for the 25 mins i was out in it,but then again where do u really get the chance on a test drive unlike clarkson to thrash it round an airfield and take the car to its limit and if i had i would have walked away without purchasing an fn2..sad really:(

I know, you don't really know how good or bad a car is until you have lived with it for a few months.

Just put it down to experience, I've made some stonking mistakes in my time mate....we all have

Hopefully Honda will learn by their mistakes and make sure they only sell the JDM Type R over here and just carry on making the standard model civics in this country. People won't mind paying the premium for a bonafide Type R.

From what i'm aware the engines for the FN2 are made in this country too, thats probably why there have been quite a few reliability issues on what is supposed to be a proven engine that has been used for 6 years. :eek:

That should hopefully shut up all the people who say 'it handles better' 'its just as quick' etc etc

My 6 year old inferior model will do me just nicely knowing i have the better type r :lol:

Back